1997 Grand Marquis Air Shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Grand Marquis Air Shocks

One is a lil low on the right side? Does that mean there is a leak? If not where to I add air? And if it leaks, what do I buy to fix it?

(Also, is it normal for my car to make a air compresser sound every once in a while?)

Do you have air springs or coil springs in the back? If its air springs, there is a compressor in the engine compartment behind the washer bottle for the suspension. To check for a leak, shut the air suspension switch off and see what happens. The car should not sink with the suspension off. The switch should be in the trunk on the right side. If one side or both sinks down, then you probably need to replace the air springs in the back. I'd suggest doing both at once even if only one is bad.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the chapest thing and best thing would be to put aftermarket springs where the bags sit, and get new aftermarket shocks.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I hit the button and I dident hear an air release sound, or see it drop.

But ill take a closer look.

On a side note, what can this car handle?

Ive been showing it off.. And it seems its got some power in it. But is it bad for that engine to be floored? if so what can I do to make it so i can.

Comment

It won't drop right away. You have to let it sit overnight at least to see if it will leak.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well, if I do that. How do I put air back in the shocks.

Comment

Turn the switch back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sphinx
                Well, if I do that. How do I put air back in the shocks.
                more than likely you have air springs, a black rubber cans where there normally would be steel coil springs. you can mix some dish soap with water and spray the line connections and the springs, where you see rapid bubbles forming, thats the leak. Usually if you have a leak the compressor in the dr frt fender will run more often also, and will be annoying, it will run after the car is off every so often, but alot more if there is a system leak.

Comment

Working...
                X