FRPP Wide Ratio AOD (Just Curious)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRPP Wide Ratio AOD (Just Curious)

Brand new. Never been used. Just wondering. Anyone throw any offers out there?

1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
    -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
    Supermotors

Why did you let it get rusty? You make me sad. Is this the same ratio as the 4R70W set? Could you take a pic or two more around the other side? I may be interested if there's no major pitting.

Comment

Honestly I forgot it was even in the garage. It's not that bad actually. It's cleanable, lol. I'll get some more pictures when I get a chance.
      -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
      Supermotors

Comment

yes, the wide ratio gearset is whats in the 4R70w trans. FRPP used to sell a kit that consisted of the 4R70w gearset and I think a few other odds and ends needed to convert an AOD. You can do the same thing if you have a donor trans to rob parts from, but then you're looking at used planets and other hard parts vs brand new stuff.

BTW where the hell you been mang?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
          Brand new. Never been used. Just wondering. Anyone throw any offers out there?
          I offer $250... do you take paypal?

2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
          89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
          88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

$250. Your out of your bird.

4 Door Muscle
            Supermotors

Comment

What are you looking to get for this thing?

Comment

considering that the wide ratio kit goes for about $600... I'd wager at least $350 for the gears with surface rust. I probably couldn't go any higher than that though.

(not an offer btw, just an educated guess as to the worth of the parts compared to what's available new and clean)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHawkA4 View Post
                  $250. Your out of your bird.
                  so, what do you consider a reasonable offer?

give me a number and we can work something out. Obviously I am NOT willing paying to full retail for it.
                  2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                  89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                  88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
                  X