X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone needing

help in Stereo stuff?
    2008 Mercury Grand Marquis GS Bone Stock

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

not me. I am a M.E.C.P. certified installer

Comment

Only if you feel like doing it for me. I know how, I'm just lazy.

Actually I need to rewire a lot of stuff. I have the power feeds run alongside the RCA cables, and the PO did some horrible wiring that I need to correct. The front speaker wires running to the door come in through the fenders, not through the boot like they should. Rear speaker wires are visible on the package shelf for a short distance. I need to rip all that out and replace with good quality wires and do a decent job of it. The spare tire needs to be moved over so I can secure the amp to something instead of wedging it between the tire and the trunk hinge, and the cap should also be fastend instead of laying there with a piece of duct tape over the exposed wiring on the end. Yeah, my stereo install is pretty ghetto looking.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yes my stereo is semi ghetto also.........wires in the trunk are everywhere
        the vic is the same way and it has a horrible ignition noise........only slight in the lincoln
        scott

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Im hoping to have some killer bumps the beginning of next month :rock:
          1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
          Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

hey brian - what do you know about sub box design???

I am wondering if an enclosure's air space has to be in a chamber directly open to the woofer - or could it take some kind of bent shape and still work...
            Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
            'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
            sigpic
            85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

for example.... would THIS be feasable in terms of air space volume.

I would want the woofers angled inward, so they would be pointing at yout head when you pop the trunk. is that acousticly sound????

'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

:bump:

well????
                sigpic

Comment

I don't see why it would not work. That is just a slight curve. Let me do a little research an make sure.

The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is arguing with a Liberal".--updated Peter Brimelow quote.

Comment

All power wires should be run opposite signal wires!! That is where the noise is getting in at.

Comment

Everyone says running signal wires near power lines creates noise. I have not a bit of noise in my stereo. Of course the amp is on low pass for the subs, so its possible I just don;t hear it.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Do your amps pop when they turn on and/or off? This is also caused by power wires. Most noise cause by the power wire is high frequency so that would explain not hearing anything. If you are obsesssed about quality as I am, I not only ran the power wire by it selve on the driver side. I ran everything on the other side and put a noise supressor on the reciever power supply and a nois supressor in the RCA signla wires just before the amp.

Comment

Is there any real benefit to running a separate line from the battery to the AMPS? I have mine sharing the hot from the stereo itself.
                          2000 Grand Marquis LS
                          2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                          1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                          1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                          Mercury Owners Group member
                          Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

I guess your amps are pretty small? Usually when you run a dedicated wire to power the amps it's iether a 8gauge or a 4guage wire. And yes there is an advantage. The amp could over draw the receiver. A heavy hit in the amp woul flicker the reciever. But if you run the same power to all of them, it don't sound like you're running any big wattages.

Comment

One is a 200 watt Jensen running 100 watt speakers and a 160 Alpine running Bose that can handle 160 easy. At high volume it distorts, but don't know if it is the amps or the speakers. The stereo lighting does flicker on bass notes
                              2000 Grand Marquis LS
                              2000 F150 XLT 6 inches of lift.
                              1987 Bill Blass Mark VII - Sold
                              1985 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park- SOLD. to a little old lady
                              Mercury Owners Group member
                              Save The Whales, Restore an Old Station Wagon!!

Comment

Working...
                              X