feeler.......5.0 HO engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeler.......5.0 HO engine

It's still in the mark VII parts-car....(mud season set in), but it's pretty-much ready to come out and mud season is pretty much over now.
    I'm just having 2nd thoughts about all this, so I'm checking my options.
    I took some vids of it running prior to prepping it to come out if anyone needs to hear it run.

EDIT- D9S computer comes with it.
    Former panther owner
    1981 CV 351 4bbl
    1991 CV 302 EFI

pics
    All of the connectors to the engine are intact, I cut boyond all the plug-ins.

Former panther owner
    1981 CV 351 4bbl
    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

What's the mileage? Might be interested in it in the future. (if it doesn't sell by then, might make me a killer 306 project)
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

What's the mileage?
        Former panther owner
        1981 CV 351 4bbl
        1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Why go back now? You know you have a good running HO. Throw some gaskets and maybe bearings at it and you'd have a winner.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
            Why go back now?
            Something Pirate said not too long ago (can't find the post dammit!)
            ......something about "those guys that their biggest problem is finding tires that still come with white-walls"....and that maybe they were onto something.
            Now I'm not a fan of whitewalls (my car has them by chance, not choice).
            ......But it echo'd something my Dad told me for years.
            "That car/truck runs just fine, leave it alone!"

........He was a Ford mechanic BTW.
            Former panther owner
            1981 CV 351 4bbl
            1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

stick it in the vic

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

which nameplate does that HO have?
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Hmm if I can get the money, and it sits for a while. I may be interested in the block (but Ill buy the whole thing). Its a huge maybe. If someone else offers you money sell it, doo't hold out on account of me. What are you looking to get for it? PM me if you want. I would stick it in the vic though if I were you.
                  "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                    The one that'll be up-side-down on a panther. (sorry mang)
                    Former panther owner
                    1981 CV 351 4bbl
                    1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                      theres 2 of em on ebay.......75 ea, free shipping

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

How much $ ?

Comment

Andy, Andy, Andy...

You should be freshening this, and putting it in your car. If you always asked yourself why you would do something, you'd always be able to find a reason not to do it.

Think of it as a project to expand your horizons, and make a good car a better car.

My truck runs good now. 32K miles on it, its zippy, and never misses a beat. In a month or so I'm going to be putting a supercharger on it. Why? Because! Sometimes the fact that you want to do something is a good enough reason to do it.

Hell I may change the cams further down the road, just to say I did it!
                          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by HemiHunter View Post
                            How much $ ?
                            Hadn't really set a price.
                            I figured I'd either get an offer I liked or keep it.
                            PM me......worst I can say is "no".
                            Former panther owner
                            1981 CV 351 4bbl
                            1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                              Andy, Andy, Andy...

You should be freshening this, and putting it in your car. If you always asked yourself why you would do something, you'd always be able to find a reason not to do it.

Think of it as a project to expand your horizons, and make a good car a better car.

My truck runs good now. 32K miles on it, its zippy, and never misses a beat. In a month or so I'm going to be putting a supercharger on it. Why? Because! Sometimes the fact that you want to do something is a good enough reason to do it.

Hell I may change the cams further down the road, just to say I did it!
                              You make a good point sir,
                              My problem is that I've reached a proverbial "fork in the road".

I'm not sure which direction I want to go, so I'm wieghing my options.
                              Former panther owner
                              1981 CV 351 4bbl
                              1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Working...
                              X