1997 Grand Marquis Ls Hpp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 Grand Marquis Ls Hpp

Like to see what I could get out of it, always wanted a box.

1997 Grand Marquis Ls, hpp package. Dual thrush welded mufflers on my factory h-pipe with a set of rolled edge tips (closeset i could find to marauder tips) . The tires arn't great on this, so they will be upgraded to something pretty decent before the car is sold. It has 235,000 km on it but its never seen winter and has a good condition frame and everything underneath. It runs good and strong, no problems. Pictures are very recent (few weeks old). Asking 3500 neg.
    Attached Files
    79 Grand Marquis

More pictures can be taken on demand as well.
    79 Grand Marquis

Comment

shame your in canada, i'd trade you for a box vic

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Hey If you do get some money there are always cheap boxes around here. I know of atleast 4 90s generations that have sold for less than 2k with no rust. NH may be quite a drive though from where you are.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

To be honest, the only real 90's boxes i like are ones with quite a bit of work like yours. I've always had a huge hard on for the mid 80's crown vics ever since i was little. Dads friend had an 80's ltd, huge box and for some reason i liked it. I dream of owning a mid 80's coupe but that isnt going to happen. I'm probably better off making my car how i like it i suppose.
          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
            To be honest, the only real 90's boxes i like are ones with quite a bit of work like yours.
            Haha, Mine has had almost no modifications compared to others around here. Although I am gonna drop a 408 in it at some point. I just take pride in my car, and make sure it stays spotless. Its just got nice wheels and tires, a new gauge cluster, and a rear sway bar with dual exhaust. Thats about it. Most of my money and time went to getting it up to par. I like the early 80s tudors the best.

Oh and once you actually start modifying your car, I think youll find it has a little piece of you in it that makes it all that more special. I was not a fan of my car when I bought it, My dad pretty much made me to teach me about why I should never buy a car with rust. I wanted a 97 ish TownCar. Now I love my car, and still cream myself when the evening sun hits it just right in the driveway. Make your car nice, and take your time on it. You will be surprised on how it grows on you.
            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Poor you. We just crushed a box in nice shape down here. Where in NB are you? I couldn't help but notice the NBLCC in the background...lol
              Last edited by Tillinghast; 05-26-2010, 09:13 PM.
              95 Townie under constructionsigpic
              75 Merc Meteor wagon (rust in peace)
              81 GM Tudor (flat as a racoon on the Trans-Canada)

Comment

Miramichi. Its hard to find a good box, there was a few on kijiji but they were all $6000 and i want something 87 or older .. dont like the latest ones that much.
                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by Tillinghast View Post
                  Poor you. We just crushed a box in nice shape down here. Where in NB are you? I couldn't help but notice the NBLCC in the background...lol
                  Happens up there too, eh?

Yards I used to talk to in Indiana basically didn't keep boxes around at all. One actually had a Colony Park scrunched somewhat at the bottom of a pile of other cars. What remained unscrunched actually looked rather nice, and I suspected somehow that the rear of the car hadn't been scrunched, the tailgate ruined, and the rear bumper irretrievable, until people at the yard piled the cars that way. Only wagon they had, too. :nonono: Incidentally, this was the same place that still had the rotted hulk of a '70ish Mustang of some sort squirreled away in the edge of some woods. Let's see, which of those was still actually useful to someone?
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                  X