full pi swap on my 92 grand marq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

full pi swap on my 92 grand marq

Ok I just got a good ass deal on a 2000 stang gt motor with crackd pistons. Soooo I read that swapping the heads intake n cams will raise my compression to 10.5:1 netting around 80hp gain. How much is involved I need a how to and so info on what else I will need
    93 grand marquis ls = the daily

97 dodge neon GLH-4 = the project

You'll need the PI intake, plenum and a 70mm throttle body wouldn't hurt.
    You'll see roughly 30-40hp gain. If you throw in an aftermarket cam, then you're really going to see some power. But be careful, you may need bigger injectors with a bigger aftermarket cam and possibly, no actually will need a tune.

Read some of this, please. It will help in your decision making.

http://adtr.net/sunshop/index.php?l=...t_detail&p=120

And as always, ask away!!

-ryan s
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

See I just planned on using the stock pi intake heads n cam I don't want to spend to much on this car and not really lookin for crazy hp

Comment

http://www.modulardepot.com/Gaskets/...duct_info.html
        and you will need the kit for the PI intake as well, that gives the correct coolant tube, gaskets, new t-stat ect.

the swap makes about 275 at the crank with the comression bump. you can reuse your upper intake and TB, they can be uprgaded from used stuff in mustang classified sections cheaper than new..
        Last edited by ogre; 04-18-2010, 05:55 PM.
        sigpic
        Wrecked - Non-pi 1998 Mustang GT Best ET = 13.36@ 101
        Just bought: 01 grand marq - 5th 4.6L and counting.

Comment

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showt...mpression+swap

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showt...threadid=48430

Comment

oh yeah, +60hp easy

Comment

good job i was looking for that and it wasn't coming up last night.
              sigpic
              Wrecked - Non-pi 1998 Mustang GT Best ET = 13.36@ 101
              Just bought: 01 grand marq - 5th 4.6L and counting.

Comment

Fk yeah thanx guys I'm goin to get that motor and do the swap awsome

Comment

Now after readin the how to's they didn't mention my year car so does that mean I'm screwed or what

Comment

no, it probably just means that no one has done it to a 92

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

So should I send my ecu to blueoval or would it be fine stock

Comment

it would probably be better to have the car tuned locally so they can get real word a/f ratios with the actual vehicle.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Yeah but what is there to tune on the motor. From what I've read my year car can't get the nice tunable ecu all I get is a programmed ecu. I know I can mess with timing a lil but it has the coil packs so how much can I really do. Higher compression and more air flow I will need a lil bigger injector. Idk I'm still kinda new to the v8s and rwd I only have worked on and researched neons. I do plan on keeping the car till it don't drive anymore so I will keep reading as much as I can. Thanks for the help

Comment

Does your 92' have the AOD or the AODE trans?
                            Early 4.6's had the bell housing for the AOD trans. They are commonly referred to as bastard block cars.

If you were to swap a later model block into a vehicle that was originally a bastard block car, A transmission swap would be in order being that the bell housings are different.

Or you can start building a windsor motor for much cheaper to go in its place.
                            R.I.P Linsey Nelson

'04 M75-"Chocolate Rain" - mid 13 beast
                            Originally posted by MeanVic84
                            Chocolate Rain. Some stay dry and others feel the pain.

Comment

You should be able to put the PI heads on your 92 4.6L. It has the same heads as my 93.

Quick question.
                              In the title, you say you have a 92, but in your sig, you say it's a 93.

What year is it mang?

-ryan s.
                              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                              Originally posted by pantera77
                              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X