1988 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Hate to do it, but not having a job thing is killing me so I have to sell the car. Obviously it's a 1988 Grand Marquis LS.

Options the car has:

Full Leather Interior
    Dual Power Seats
    Power Windows and Locks
    Automatic Climate Control
    Heated Windshield
    Rear Defrost
    Automatic Load Leveling Suspension
    Coach Roof with coach lamps
    Electric Sunroof
    3.08 Non Locking Rear End Ratio
    Ditch Lights
    Dual Lighted Vanity Mirrors

Options I added:

Tripminder computer

The previous owner yanked the factory radio and ran his own wiring. The wiring is still there, but I never installed another radio as I didn't feel the need for a radio at the time. The amp for the Premium Sound system is still in the trunk. As of when the vehicle was parked, the AC blew nice and cold. The sunroof worked perfectly

The bad:

The car has some surface rust in a couple areas.

The frame is rusted just past the passenger side A-pillar.

The car leaks oil from the drain plugs. I parked the car before I had a chance to replace the gaskets on the plugs.

The only mechanical issue at the time I parked it was that the cruise would not hold speed.

The paint will need some TLC to get some shine back.

The coach roof is cracked in areas.

The headliner and retractable sunroof shade will need to replaced or recovered.

The trim piece for the rear window that covers the inside of the coach roof will need to be recovered.

The lower cushion on the drivers seat is torn and has some foam missing. The springs are not popping through the seat.

The Tripminder occasionally blanks out. It came out of a 1984 LTD Crown Victoria.

At some point, I lost the keys. You can get ignition cylinders with keys for $10 at VIP. As for the doors and trunk, you can always get keys made or scout out Ebay and junkyards for replacements with keys.

The car was started and run through the gears about 3 times a month up until July 2009. Obviously if you buy the car you will need to trailer it home. It is not a get in and drive car. It will need work. I'm asking $700 or best reasonable offer. Pics can be seen here.

GMN photo album

If you are interested PM me.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Can I ask who you had do your sunroof? I would like that on my car.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
      Can I ask who you had do your sunroof? I would like that on my car.
      Whoever ordered the car originally had it done I think. It was there when I got it.

Comment

:bump:

Comment

Make me an offer. I need the car gone. My parents are losing their house. I'd rather someone here get it than someone on Craigslist looking for a derby car.

Comment

Last chance before I post it on Craigslist.

The Rochester Fair is coming up soon, and the demo derby is always a huge hit. I would rather the car go to someone here who would take care of it, but at 9pm tomorrow night, on Craigslist it goes.

Comment

You wouldn't be willing to part it out would you?

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Working...
              X