'85 door panel removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'85 door panel removal

How the hell does the drivers' side door panel come off? I popped the push pins, I took the screw out of the window switch, and I got the screw in the front of the door pull. What am I missing? The armrest is tight.

their are screws in the arm rest on the under side . the whole arm rest must be removed to get the door pannal off

Comment

You mean I have to pull the arm rest cushion off? I pulled it part ways and stopped. Then I found out what a bitch it is to get back on. I couldn't find any screws on the bottom of the complete arm rest.

Comment

Under that cussion are 2 or 3 screws. On the bottom of front of the dandle part is another screw. Then it comes off.

Comment

Originally posted by monterey1962
          I pulled it part ways and stopped. Then I found out what a bitch it is to get back on.
          Same thing happened to me the first time... you need to get waaay up under it with a long screwdriver - the top pad has a metal base. What you were doing was pulling the pad and foam away from this base...
          Dont be afraid to pry deep and hard under it, its got 3 metal push-in clips that hold it down.

**** Im assuming you have the short armrests with no siwtches in them
          Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
          'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
          sigpic
          85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Im assuming you have the short armrests with no siwtches in them
            Correct.

Thanks. I'll get to it after work today.

Comment

Working...
            X