Seafoam Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seafoam Question

I have a question about Sea-foam ( and kind of about a PCV valve). I own an '89 Marquis and I don't really know where the PCV valve is. I do know that it is not in the valve covers. I think that it is behind the intake, but I haven't really felt around that much for it. I probably should grab around there so that I can use a can of sea-foam in it. I have a can of the Deep Creep that I was going to use on the Intake throttle plate and on the tube that runs from the neck of the engine oil fill- to - the intake. Has anyone used the Deep Creep on their car and the regular Sea-foam? I just changed the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I hoped all of the new gear would do a little more for the engine, but maybe cleaning it out would do the trick.

Well, that PCV is a bastard to get to. Its actually in the lower intake itself, passenger side...

Seafoam rocks...most people feed it in thru their brake booster line...

Seafoam is teh win! I used it... But i dunno about this other stuff you talk of...

Good luck, and happy hot rodding!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

well the Deep Creep is made by Sea-foam as well.

http://www.seafoamsales.com/deepCreepConsumer.htm

I have used other throttle-body spray cleaners before, and I guess it helped, but another question, where is the brake booster cable (supposedly right off the booster)?

Comment

right off the booster.

a huge hose.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

sea froam

bah, do it right, do the pcv vavle. Replace your PCV valve with one that has the 2 hose connectors and buy a little bit of vac line.. then you can hook up the hose and pcv valve the right way and have the extra vac line come off the top for sea foam.. then you can just cap that line and never have to reach in the back to seafoam again....

I think this made sense

SuperFord Profile
          Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
          -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
          -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
          -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
          Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

http://members.sounddomain.com/sambos86
            My 1979 F-250 Ranger Hi Boy
            33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrians
            390ci with a little bigger cam
            Holly 4 barrel with K&N
            4 Speed with granny gear

Comment

thanks for the pics. I'll give a try with the Deep Creep first, then jazz it up with the regular stuff. Then a can of Restore and we'll see. On a seperate note... what kind of oil filters are you all using? I thought about getting a K&N oil filter because it says that it contains some sort of check valve that keeps oil up in the pistons for better start-up protection; supposedly. I usually use a Fram, although I currently am using one of the new Napa ones with the spin fins or something. Also, does anyone use one of those Tornado air directors? The theory seems well enough, but they are $60 or so I think. Again, thanks in advance. -Rusty

Comment

A buddy of mine gave me a tornado, I dunno if it really does shit. I never noticed anything. Good to see a king of the hill fan. Dale gribble
                Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by RustyShackelford
                  Also, does anyone use one of those Tornado air directors? The theory seems well enough, but they are $60 or so I think. Again, thanks in advance. -Rusty
                  it's bs, 1 the air will not recieve any "swirl" by the time it gets to your intake. The air is compressed before ignition and is pretty much stationary.

SuperFord Profile
                  Support safe sigs

-sigs should not exceed 600 pixels wide
                  -sigs should not consist of more that 25 lines (including pics) when viewed at 800x600
                  -Multiple images exceeding 600 pixels wide should have a space between them to allow for wrapping
                  -Total sig size should not exceed 60k
                  Remember, only you can prevent sig abuse....

Comment

i know im really gravediggin this thread, but i finnaly got around to use some seafoam today, i took it easy for a test cause i dunno anyone that ever used it except people online. i used like 30% through the vacuum and the rest i just dumped into the gas tank. let it sit for about a half hour, only smoked for like 2min after that was real heavy at first. Made the engine a bit smoother but thats all. I guess after next oil change ill use a hole can in the vacuum that smoke is hilarious
                    1999 CVPI
                    Old Rides
                    1988 Ford Mustang GT (trickflow stage 1)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (5.SLO)
                    1989 Ford Thunderbird SC (3.8 Supacharged)

Comment

Working...
                    X