351 BBk headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

351 BBk headers

Hey guys. I have made a post a while back asking about Gt40 heads and such. I also asked about headers as well for my 91. Well I have found some bbk headers for the windsor. Do yall think this is a good deal and could I make this work in my car?

Here is the link http://greensboro.craigslist.org/pts/1710103099.html

:bump:

Comment

that is a pretty good deal judgeing on the condiion they are in from the pictures....and of course you can make the work...you will just need some custom exhaust pipes made...

Or...someone please chime in here.... can you use the mustang offroad catted h-pipe (x-pipe?) with a 351 as well? Hell if you can i minus well get some headers and an catted 'stang h-pipe! Now im curious haha...
      Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 04-26-2010, 12:41 PM.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Thats a decent price, but those aren't coated; they're the chrome ones. My coated ones were $340 new from Summit. Ask him to evrify the part number, which should be BBK 1511, I believe (15110 for the coated ones).

Phil, some say the mustang h/x pipes fit, others don't. It didn't work for me, and it didn't work for torquelover either. Mine were BBK headers trying to mate to a bassani h pipe.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Mine worked fine with bbk header and h-pipe.
          1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
          2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry to chime in slightly off-topic, not trying to thread-jack Brandon! I'm just wondering if these will fit AFR heads on smallblock windsor. It's so hard to find 1 3/4" primary shorties for 302 engines. This would mean I can search for these little bastards too. (Don't worry, I won't try to steal them out from under you lol)

Comment

From looking at the 1st picture, it looks like one of the tubes is dented in near the flanges.

Comment

Yeah, it (third primary tube from the front) looks like it's dented near the collector. I dunno how much it will affect performance, but for the price, that ain't too bad; and it could probably be fixed. Ask around to see what it will cost and make your decision based off of that. Your Lightning engine is gonna kickaz when you're done.

Packman

Comment

The dent is intentional. Been too long since I had my '86 Fox GT to remember why. Maybe steering shaft? And P72Ford is right, not ceramic coated, but chrome.

Comment

Okay, Well I bought the headers. I got em for 80 bux. Not to bad of a deal. There in good shape just need to be cleaned. Thanks for yalls help guys.

Comment

do you plan on trying to use a mustang pipe or going custom?
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

I'm not sure. From what I been hearing, the mustang pipe works and then doesnt. I will probably just go with custom pipes.

Comment

oh nice, when you do post some pix and costs! haha
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I will do.

Comment

Working...
                            X