Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

89 Country Squire LX, lots of mods, needs some TLC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

89 Country Squire LX, lots of mods, needs some TLC.

First person to show up with 2K cash and a trailer takes it.

1989 Country Squire LX, 96 explorer 5.0, tweecer R/T, 80mm MAF, Marauder airbox, PI zip tube, WR-AOD, 1000lb front springs, wagon cargo coils in the back, KYB front shocks Monroe sensatrac's for an f150 on the rear, Addco 1 1/4" front swaybar, box PI rear swaybar, 98-02 brakes, all poly bushings (front &rear control arms, BODY MOUNTS, swaybar bushings) Newer PI steering box, FRPP 3.73's, Detroit true-trac, (gears and diff have less than 5K) 93 Cobra Valve covers, Real FORD 17x8" anthracite bullitts, PI speedo, LPW deep trans pan and rear diff cover, 17x9 real ford cobra R's and 16" steelies with full wheel covers come with it, along with ALL the spare parts for the car- 80mm MAF, AFCO front shocks... lots of spare brackets/parts.

Car put down an SAE corrected 229 RWHP. With a little tuning at the track it ran 15.02. Car wieghs in at 4500lbs. It's an autocross beast, but the rear can't handle the stress.

And the annoying and bad stuff..... Frame is a bit rusty. Been patched. Rear brake line is bad. Needs axles and bearings. Trans doesn't like shifting when cold (governor or VB issue) Speedo cable noisy.

PM me if seriously interested.

NO, I will not part it. NO, I will not accept less. NO TRADES.
    Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Where was this 3 weeks ago???

I would have sprung for this instead of putting a supercharger kit together for my truck!!!

This is a sick car, folks; very lively machine and very well thought out. Mike is meticulous!
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

why isn't he in (near) Texas

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

If I had 2k. i would get it and mix and match it and my car together

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
        Big plans

Comment

Well, it's drivable somewhat. I repaired the brake line. Looks like it needs a master cylinder.

With scrap prices as they are, I'm getting tempted to pull the high dollar items and scrap it. Hell, the motor might end up in the bmw at this rate.

Comment

Master cylinders aren't too much on RockAuto. $116 at the max.

sigpic
            - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

i can get a master cyl for around 50 bucks tops......that is the original one on the car......was fine when i did the big brake swap

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

If i replace it, I gotta do the booster along with it, and upgrade to the 92+ one.

Comment

is it still for sale?

Comment

OK, bump.

New master cylinder, new brake line to the rear. New axles and bearings. New gascap.

Needs a new diff. Frame bulkhead on pass side is getting bad. I don't have the resources needed to fix it right now. Rad leaks at the endtank, heater core leaks,

I will now consider parting it out. However, that will only be for the body. IF I part it I will be keeping the suspension and driveline. Or just the engine.

I will consider trading the body for a rolling sedan shell (or complete sedan)

I have a set of FRPP 17x9 cobra R wheels FS too. $250

Mark 8 MAF w/harness 15 bucks
                    NIB stock replacement moog springs $60
                    AFCO 1020 shocks, used $30 for the pair

Stock wagon front swaybar (hollow w/poly bushings) $75

Comment

Bumpitty bump.

Make offers....gonna be scrap soon.

Comment

Man, I hate to see a cool wagon get junked... I'm already renting a garage to store "extra" cars & parts, If I came home w/another one I'd be killed LOL

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

mitymerc: 3 wagons are better than 2
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                            mitymerc: 3 wagons are better than 2
                            I agree!!!, but 2 wagons, 2 Capri's, a Mustang, Freestar & Tribute (Merc Mountaineer Wannabe) in the city are a little too much!!!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Please let me know before you scrap it; I will save trim, glass, doors, lights, etc. off of it for my own wagon! I live not far, so it's a serious offer.
                              You are taking out the drivetrain for your next car, right?
                              But I'm not going to be restoring it; and can't make a whole car offer... I'd be offering scrap prices just to take away parts to have on hand, and any components, suspension, brakes, whatever, that are newer/upgraded from stock.

I know the dash was different, but do you know if the tailights and maybe even front fascia were the same 1989 versus 1990?
                              Last edited by BerniniCaCO3; 10-18-2011, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X