What do I need to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I need to...

Just throw the upper intake on? Just the new throttle body, EGR, and gasket? Also I think scott said he would weld up the tv cable holder thingy < very technical term I know, Anyways just want to make sure Im not missing anything?
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

gaskets: upper plenum to lower, plenum to EGR, EGR to throttle body, and if you feel like it you could replace the gasket for the iac but if it's good then it's good

you need to swap the arms on the throttle bodies and bore the stock lopo EGR spacer to 63mm.
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Alright, I have an HO EGR already that came with the new intake. I guess I'll get that glass beaded and contact scott at some point to weld up the throttle body arms.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

the mustang egr no worky
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Why is that?
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=15395
            sigpic

Comment

it's plumbing is laid out diiferenlty because it's designed to face the other way
              Former panther owner
              1981 CV 351 4bbl
              1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by andymac0035 View Post
                it's plumbing is laid out diiferenlty because it's designed to face the other way
                Hmm that makes sense. So I just have to bore mine out. Ill just scavenge another and take it to the local machine shop, or maybe one of the auto kids can manage it without fudging it up.
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

get the one off that 90' p72
                  Former panther owner
                  1981 CV 351 4bbl
                  1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Yeah Ill go snag that at some point here, supposed to rain the next 2 days.
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

yeah, that crap just started here like an hour ago.......
                      Former panther owner
                      1981 CV 351 4bbl
                      1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

You can use mustang egr or egr delete just have to modify the throttle cable bracket. I have a mustang egr delete on mine only took about 30 min to modify. But since it seems you dont have a welder stick with the stock one and get it bored.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                        Big plans

Comment

Yeah, have a welder, don't know how to weld.... I should get on that.
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                          X