'09 Grand Marquis Sway Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'09 Grand Marquis Sway Bars

Do they make an aftermarket swaybar for these cars? The kid that I bought my mom's CV from just got an '09 Grand Marquis. He said the JYs wanted to charge him $200 for a rear swaybar. For that much, he could go an get an aftermarket bar, right; if there is such a thing? I don't know because the newest vehicle that we got is my '92 S-10:smirk:.

Packman

I can only find rear bars for 2008 down, If you can find an aftermarket one they are usually about $175. for the kit.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

http://www.reinhartperformance.com/M...ategory_Code=3
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Last month the HPP rear bar went in. At 28mm/1.1 inch, it was a major improvement over... no rear bar. I then picked up the front bar from our sponsor, ADTR, which is 1.25 inch. Installed today and the difference is dramatic. It feels like a big Mustang GT now. Very much like my 1996 GT even, slow slug it was. The holes in the ends of the bars had to be reamed out as they were to small for the link end. Took a couple times to get it right, and that bar is heavy. Now its time to let my wife try it. She already loved the way it handled with the big rear bar.
        sigpic
        2009 GM, 45,000 miles
        ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

Test ride went well. My wife loves the new handling. I kept saying "don't use your brakes" as we approached corners that she usually slows for. The steering response is so immediate, takes a bit of getting used to. She also pointed out that pulling away from a stop is much more immediate also. Less weight transfer front to rear she said. WHAT? she said "weight transfer" on her own? I'm in love.
          sigpic
          2009 GM, 45,000 miles
          ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

Working...
          X