Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Ready to do my build on my crown what else should i get...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Ready to do my build on my crown what else should i get...

Ok so i am gettting ready to do my build on the tudor. As far s what I have so far is 65mm tb gt40 intakes windsor sr head with 1.7rr. I am buying a ho cam and computer soon (next week) I was reading that I should get a mark 7 computer instead whats your opinion on that? I also was going to run maf cause I saw people were having problems with speed density. Anyone else think of what else I should buy. I still have around a $1000 left to get parts but prefer to save as much as I can of it. trying to do a weekend swap. I am also going electric fan conversion as well as a 3g conversion as at same time I hope. But I just was looking for any other parts I should get? I getting a gasket set from auto zone so I ll have all new gaskets too.
    sigpic
    1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

You cannot use a mark VII computer if you go to mass air.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

have you ever touched the drivetrain? converter and gears wouldn't be a bad idea.
      [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

gears at a minimum, proper exhaust, a slightly looser converter wouldn't be a bad idea either.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Whoops got me on that one dave. I know I need a9 computer or something like that. But I was gunna use mark VII comp if i stood with speed density. Also I have full true dual exhuast with hi flow cats on car and mac headers. I also have yet to install 3.55 gears and I am working on getting a 2500 stall or 2800 and than I will be also doing shift kit. I ment what else should i get for motor? lol
          sigpic
          1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Do you have the 19lb injectors?
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yes I have 19lb 4 holed injectors (I might have to go back and get older ones cause I pulled these from a 03 lincoln)
              sigpic

Comment

Any other suggestions? First offical build of any motor for me so anything I should know or get or buy for car or me would be very helpful.
                sigpic

Comment

A better cam than a stock mustang.
                  1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
                  2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
                  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
                  sigpic

Comment

it was either stock or a xe258 i think thats like stock on steriods
                    sigpic

Comment

stock HO cam actually works very good

you have stud mount rockers right? rollers?

do you have hardened pushrods? you'll need those because of the guideplates

what are you doing for valve covers?

I would definately look into a converter, around 3000, and maybe a 4.10 gear. shift kit is mandatory; do you have a cooler?

Comment

I have harden push rods (came with the heads), I need to get valve covers (any suggestions). Well I am still looking to keep this my dd thats why i am going with 3.55s for now but once its out of that state everything will be further upgraded. That is alse the reasoning for lower stall. I want to still attempt to get decent gas mileage. I believe they are stud mounted roller rockers (crane cams 1.73). I was thinking about trans cooler. I know I am swaping to my 93 sables rad so I ll look into trans cooler too(anyone got thoughts on that). As for cam thats what I been told numerous times thats why i said stock ho 87-89 (i think thats the better one to have) As for shift kit how hard is that to put in myself? Anythin else?
                        Last edited by 83countrysquire; 05-10-2010, 02:03 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

you need to drive a car with 3000 stall and 4.10's, its not what you think

as far far as a tranny cooler, get one from a ford explorer, mine was $7 at pull-a-part and is pretty much identical to the b&m stacked unit I spent $99 on years ago

the shift kit is pretty simple, if you are mechanically inclined, you should be fine. you are going to want a high rev governor as well

read up on adjusting lifter preload; this is something you need to know and its very important

you can more than likely modify your stock valve covers to clear, you might need to run 2 valve cover gaskets, or you can get taller valve covers, but then you need a spacer

Comment

I was thinking of getting a intake spacer 1" is it worth it to make the runners longer?
                            sigpic

Comment

1 inch spacer wont do much other than give you extra clearance. however their thermal properties may have an effect on hp. with a 3/8'' (infrared thermometer)spacer i recorded temps at the base of the upper plenum just above the spacer-141 after an hour of driving-idleing. Just below the spacer on the lower intake i got a reading of 178.(within or less than 1 inch gap between readings) But just remember,anything more than a half inch and you might not close your hood without hitting something.
                              [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

Working...
                              X