Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift points

Hi,

Since switching to the dual CB glasspacks, the AOD shifts much later when 'driving it like I stole it', by as much as 5-15 mph. If driving Miss Daisy the AOD shifts a bit sooner, though still casual sometimes.

Are the dash "- -" marks on the Speedo to indicate where my AOD is supposed to shift?

I'm able to control the shift most of the time by massaging the accelerator, however sometimes when coming off of a ramp, merging lanes into traffic on the parkway giving it gas does nothing like the AOD is gasping for vacuum. I'm stuck with having to slooooowly accel from 25 to 45.

Last I had the AOD tuned was about 14 years ago (owned car since '94 for HS). The fluid is nice an pink and no burnt smell.

Would a Transgo or Baumann kit make the shifting better?

Thx
    sigpic
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
    302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
    COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

OK, this is one of those annoying times, when somebody asks a question and just assumes we all know EXACTLY what car they are talking about. Gang, if you don't have the decency to put the basics of your car's info (heck, just year and model is a start) in your sig, then for heaven's sake put it in the post when you're asking for advice. How many trans did Ford use in Panthers? 4? 5? c-4, c-6, AOD, AODE, 4R70W, did I miss any?
    '84 Grand Marquis
    Damn thing just keeps runnin'!

"Half the harm that is done in this world is due to people who want to feel important." T.S. Elliot

Comment

He clearly states several times he is talking about an AOD...

Check your TV cable and grommet first thing... it could just be a coincidence this started after you got your exhaust, unless you are driving it even more spirited now that it sounds better and burning up the transmission.
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

they never used a C6, and I believe the current trans is a 4R75w.

What year is your car again?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

87 MGM.
          sigpic
          1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
          302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
          COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Working...
          X