flame thrower kit

http://fredericton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-...AdIdZ203822165

A great way to get attention
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

fuck kits. spark plugs in the tailpipes on a momentary switch
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Was this moved here or did you start this thread in here?
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jonathan View Post
        Was this moved here or did you start this thread in here?
        Looks like it was started there. Moved to appropriate forum.

Comment

Pretty sure that is illegal..... And yeah why would you pay for the kit when you can get some plugs. I know a guy who had stacks with spark plugs in them. Nice 4ft flames out of them.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

the trick to having them and getting away with it is basically not using them ever
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I'm tempted to rig up a set on a project.

It works best with no catalytic converters and a carb. EFI works but it's bound to be a bit rough on the O2 sensors.

I can name a couple of ways that would both cost less than the shipping for most of those kits they sell online.

The worst part for me is actually crawling under the car and mounting the crap.
              Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
              AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
              Open/Lock/Ratio #
              -----------------------
              G / H / 2.26
              B / C / 2.47
              8 / M / 2.73
              7 / - / 3.07
              Y / Z / 3.08
              4 / D / 3.42
              F / R / 3.45
              5 / E / 3.27
              6 / W / 3.73
              2 / K / 3.55
              A / - / 3.63
              J / - / 3.85

Comment

There's this guy at the local cruise night at the Bellmore LIRR (Long Island Rail Road) station that is "know" for his flame throwing, and even has a heavy flame proof skirt hanging from his chrome fender to hide the gas tank.

I've seen two implementations:
                1) Run the mixture rich (cannot have cats) and install spark plugs in the exhaust tips.
                This produces a faint intermittent flame since the plugs are pulsed

2) A kit that install spark plugs into the exhaust tips, however fuel is injected into the tips producing a flame thrower.

I've heard however that flames could work themselves back to the manifold and blow it out. Dunno, no experience myself though.

Here's an interesting video flame-throwing-lowrider.
                Last edited by BigMikeIT; 05-09-2010, 06:42 PM. Reason: for link
                sigpic
                1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Working...
                X