Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cherrybomb glasspacks (sausage shape)

Hi,

Has anybody else used the following glasspacks?
    Cherrybomb, Smitty, Purple Hornies, Patriot, Thrust magnum, Summit?
    sigpic
    1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
    302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
    COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

i gots cherry bombs on the lincoln. ill tell you, they arnt loud at all with cats. iv had mine on the lincoln for a few years and just last year they have gotten louder since the pcking has broken down.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Cherry bombs are badass, I like the poppin and snapping sound, purple hornies are louder and more growly I liek em both.

Comment

had 31 inch thrush glasspacks sounded ok, much better than my turbos mufflers i have now the drone is killing me lol. i should have stayed with my glasspacks lol
        89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

smitty's, tryed them, they seem to be better quaility than cherry bombs(way heavier in weight also) deeper sounding. One more option; straight pipe stuffed with 5/16 or 1/4 inch chain link as very unique sound.

Comment

Unless you're catless, you don't really get the full effect of a glasspack.

I think the Patriots are the same as the 'Smittys'. They seem to be the best quality.

Cherry Bomb exhaust parts aren't that great quality wqise. I have a Cherry Bomb Extreme on my truck, and it sounds great, but it isn't holding up too well.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I have generic little ones on my 91. I liked the the sound.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

to think of it, go with a straight copper exhaust! lol it will sound like an old boat

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by 89crownlx View Post
                  Cherry bombs are badass, I like the poppin and snapping sound, purple hornies are louder and more growly I liek em both.
                  Does the lopo engine drastically cut down on the poppy/snappy sounds?
                  sigpic
                  302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")

Comment

Originally posted by BigMikeIT View Post
                    It just doesn't have the rpm there and you have to remember there are 4 cats on it. I personally don't like the popping sound, just the rumble. I know you will see a difference after a few thousand miles when the mufflers break in. I have straight through Magnaflow xl turbos and they are not all that loud. I have duals and my dad has a single on his GMC 1500 and that 305 is twice as loud as my car. It really depends. I would swap to 2 high flow cats.
                    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Now that I'm thinking about it; what would be the best glasspack (or other type of muffler) to use when trying to quiet-down a semi loud exhaust? I got BBK shorties, BBK cat'd H-pipe, and Summit Turbos. I would replace the mufflers, but I don't feel like removing and replacing perfectly good turbo muffs.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by BigMikeIT View Post

I have straight pipes on my 5.0 and it doesn't START to get hairy (the "pop" sound you seek) until 2500 revs. When you make peak torque at 2000, you don't get up to that pop too often when there are other vehicles around. This has been my experience, anyway, and I could be way off. I don't have glasspacks.
                        Last edited by 1990LTD; 05-12-2010, 12:39 PM.
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

longest ones you can get that will fit back there under the trunk......think i used 21" on the superlincoln

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I am thinkin about runnin Cherry Bombs on my Vic dumping out the side...I just hope it will be somewhat loud when I tromp on it....it will have cats.
                            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                              It just doesn't have the rpm there and you have to remember there are 4 cats on it.
                              Ahh, yes. Those two upper cats were removed 1-2 years after puchasing the car used with 72K on it. Knocked around like golf balls. The garage welded pipe from both manifolds to the 3-way cats. See attached pictures:

1) Left manifold flange/weld to..#2
                              2) Left flange extension to left 3-way, O2 injected cat
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X