Fuel economy, trip computer thingamabober

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel economy, trip computer thingamabober

Hi Hi and hello, my name is mike I'm new here and before I introduce my self I was wondering about the optional trip computer, average fuel economy teller thingy that goes in place of the normal clock on a 87 marquis.

Does anyone know where orwhat kinda car I may find one of these in? and more importanly how or if I could instal it into my machine in place of a normal digital clock.

Thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

Hi, the thread you want is here: http://grandmarq.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2343
    Thats other folk's trials and findings on the tripminder system. They came in a lot of 80s Ford/Mercury products, Crown Vics, Grand Marquis, some Thunderbirds, Cougers, but it was optional so you're probably going to have to do some junkyard or ebay hunting for one. Good luck!
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Comment

to GMN!

Some of the guys have done the tripminder already, i'm sure they will speak up in a few...
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Welcome!
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Hey thanks!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:slug:

Comment

i discovered that a tripminder for a cougar does NOT work in a box panther. At least ones out of a box cougar. I nabbed one and tried it out, and speed and distance reading were all out of whack - so I would assume all fox tripminders wouldnt work in ours

But yes, grab one out of any box, along with its full wire harness, and instalation will ba a snap
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Working...
              X