Rattle canning a police car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rattle canning a police car

I think, for now, Im just gonna sand and rattle can my car down. I think Im gonna use that kyrlon interior extreior paint shit. Rattle can it black, and rattle can the doors white. Mini VW Fox police car. Ill have to weld the rust holes on the door shot (I am getting brand new doors before I get the good paint on) and Im gonna fix the dents and damage too before I fix it all.

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06 (you will be missed)

Trust me, spray paint will look like crap after a couple of months. I did that to my VW Beetle and it didn't hold up very well. It might work out better if you clearcoat it or use epoxy paint tho. I used the cheap Wal Mart paint, which doesn't do so well in the sun.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well this stuff is supposed to fuse to the material.

What brand should I get and where should i get it. I dont want to spend more than 30 bux on paint. and 100 on sand paper. Or maybe I can do it the other way around. :P

Comment

NEW QUESTION!

Clear coat, what to use?

Comment

don't be gay... spray cans are ok for touchup but not a whole paint job.. it will cost you over $130 in paint alone.. you might as well use a brush and roller.. and forget about clear coat. :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug:

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi
            don't be gay... spray cans are ok for touchup but not a whole paint job.. it will cost you over $130 in paint alone.. you might as well use a brush and roller.. and forget about clear coat. :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug: :drug:

No kidding, clear coat is not an option here. Use a can and it can only look ok. Unless you want to spend 900 man hours on every squar foot. Here is what 45 minutes of work including prep, paint and pollish and buff and a cpray can will look like. And this cover was brand new, so i didn't have to clean it.

Comment

errr, rattle canning is the new thing to do. Its only temporary anyway.

Ill show you guys how it turns out

Comment

make sure to get before pics

Comment

Ummm why.....

Its gonna turn out good damn it.

Here, someone Pchop this flat black

The damage I am most afraid of

The rust hole. its HUGE

and the underside

Comment

scrap yard!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman
                      scrap yard!
                      @ 233000 miles, its not that bad

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno
                        Here, someone Pchop this flat black

That image is terrible for Editing!!! Ge another. You can't see the car because it's all a shadow. If it were flat black you wouldn't see anything. Get one with the sun to your back and looking at the car. Then I'll get you your flat black ;-)

Prefferibly on a slight over cast day. But sunny will work too, as long as I can see the side of the car that is in the light.

Comment

You could always blow out the rust holes, apply a couple pounds of bondo and go get a 99.95 Earl Shives / Macco special. I did that with a 85' Mustang II that it got me through my poor days in college without too much embarassment. :geek2:
                          Supercharged '03 Mercury Marauder - SOLD

Comment

This is the kind of photo that I'm talking about.

Comment

It's not going to look good. The coverage won't be consistant. Trust me, I have tried again and again, and it never works. But, it's your car.
                              Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                              Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X