EGR system check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EGR system check

Alright I cleaned my egr yesterday because I get terrible milage and dont pass emissions. I was wondering if the egr was working or not cause the vacuum line was plugged for years before I found it. I also moved that vaccum system on the valve cover to the fender for my valve covers and now my cruise doesnt work so I was questioning the egr as well. When I had it running I pulled the line to see if it had any vacuum to it and it didnt. The reason for this is that I did not pass emmisions due to too much NOX emissions. So is there any way to check to see if it works and any more tips for passing e-check? Also What causes too muck NOX and how can I fix it.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

i think the EGR deals with NOX like you suspect.

you didnt feel any vacuum on its hose becuase its not supposed to work at idle. only at part throttle cruise. I checked mine by plubimg a vacuum gauge inline and observing it as I drove.

Id suspect only that you created a vacuum leak when you moved the vacuum solenoids. The cruise controll gets it vacuum right of the vacuum tree i think. Also did you make sure the CC throttle cable didnt come off the trottle?

good luck wid dat!
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Also did you make sure the CC throttle cable didnt come off the throttle?
      I dont know. The cruise is the little vacuum diaphram on the CFI right. I did not know it had a cable.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

The cable hooks to the throttle where the accelerator pedal cable connects.
        If you look on the right side of this, you can see 2 cables. One is to the accelerator pedal, one is to the cruise control. Pic courtesy of OldSchool
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah the cable is hooked up. I will check that whole thing tomarrow. I did not know it was that, I thought it was the little vacuum thing in the right front btw what is that, the tps or something?

Comment

thats the high idle dashpot, supposed to kick the idle speed up when the AC is on or the engine is cold. The TPS is that small thing directly forward of the socket in the pic. Its a batwing shaped doodad with 3 wires on it. Choke is directly to the left of the socket, the black round thing with a single wire on it.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yess!!! it passed!!! I have actual license plates! :slug: :rock:

I cleaned my EGR put in acetone and cleaned sum more.

Comment

ROCK ON!!!!! :banana:

Comment

I feel like I need a bigger exhaust. 2.5 in at least with all the shit I'm planning it would be a great idea. Wit some loud ass flowmasters and headers with no cats until two years from now. That would be sweet imo.

Comment

good exhaust = ponies on the cheap. Absolutely the best bang for your buck as far as adding power and making plans for future upgrades. Heck, even with the stock little restrictive junk exhaust and mufflers, Ford rates 10 hp and 15 lb/ft of torque increase with the factory optional dual exhaust over the standard single. Put good exhaust and headers, and I'll bet its good for 15-20 hp and 20-25 lb/ft of torque.

Comment

Working...
                    X