Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clean 86 Town car with moon roof and wire alloys at JY

Hi,

Could hardly believe it was junked. A very clean externally 86 Town Car, white, with moon roof and 4 of the factory wire spoked alloy wheels. It is in Cleveland OH if anyone is interested, I figured I would pass the info along. They must have just got it in, because it was in the staging area for them to pull the rebuildable parts like radiators, cat convertors, etc.

Tom

since when do they rebiuld radiators and cats??? usually those get scrapped for the non ferrous metals.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Thats what I meant. The pull the alternators, radiator, cats, electric fans if applicable, wheels, batteries, and gas tanks. The only rebuildable is probably the alternators. My bad.

Tom

Comment

yeah I think those are the parts that have a going salvage rate seperate from the overall scrap of the car.
        Plus some yards remove the cats cuz they have 'dangerous' heavy metals in them. Whenever we replace cats, we literally have to tag and register the old ones (fill out a little form and everything) and have some speshul dude come and get them. I guess it varies state to state.

I hate seeing nice cars in the junkyard!!! There was a freakin TC Cartier in one this past weekend, interior was mint except for the front seats starting the crack a little.

Also that boxy cougar XR-7 i saw had a sunroof and aluminum wheels, digital dash... it made me sad.
        Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

people junk stuff all the time. The 86 Cartier I robbed the front seats out of did not belong in the yard either. Hell, that thing was nicer than my car.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, here in Virginia junk yards are supposed to cut them up when they come in. No used cats are legally alowed to be sold here.

Comment

HOLYFUCKSHIT id kill most of you here for a set of factory wire wheels.

and my moonroof is gonna bloddy kill me to install

FUTTBUCKERS junking nice cars!!!!!11

Comment

I think thats federal actually. Here you aren't allowed to buy used seatbelts either. The wierd laws like that vary by state. Not sure if PA has seatbelt laws like that, but I know NJ does. I tried to buy a set to replace the ones in my VW, but they wouldn't let me take them.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pimp Hard Or Bust
                  HOLYFUCKSHIT id kill most of you here for a set of factory wire wheels.

and my moonroof is gonna bloddy kill me to install

FUTTBUCKERS junking nice cars!!!!!11
                  Scott lincolnmania has a set of factory wire alloys in his wharehouse. PM him...
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

and i have a set on my continental from the bros car.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                    X