Good overall detailing spray.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good overall detailing spray.

Black Magic Wet Shine Spray Detailer works pretty good.

It does a nice job on the paint, really is good at shinning up those old plastic light lenses and such. And even does a good job on the chrome!

Here is after I did just the paint.

Then here is after I did my brake light lenses.

And here is a before and after of the mirror chrome. And yep the pictures acurately represent how it looked before and looks now.

Wow ur car is clean. Good work bro!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Blaze86Vic is that the origional paint?? or has it been repainted or touched up?

Comment

Everything in those pics is original. My passanger side doors and a little bit of the passanger rear quater panel has newer paint on it. From when an ignorant shit whole in my high school ran a red light and hit me. :cuss: Then tried to say that I somehow managed to hit him. :drug: The judges reaction to the two stories was kind of funny. After hearing mine and his, she turns to me and says "You are free to go, unless you wish to stay and watch."

Either way it is not perfect over there now. The paint is a tiny bit off in shade, and the painters did a shitty job. I have a chip where a rock hit the front edge of the rear door, he didn't even sand the original paint at all. :cuss:

Comment

So I got experimental with this stuff. I took it to the inside of the car. I thought, well it did such a good job on the plastic lenses maybe it will to good on the inside plastic that is supposed to be smooth.

Well sure enough, it looks awesome!!!!!!!!!111111!!!!

I did all my woodgrain dash and it came out great!!! And here is the bonus!!!

I know a lot of us may notice that the speedometer clear plastic glass has does not look 100% new, they develop micro scratches from cleaning them. A little spray on the cloth and wipe on and wipe off. It looks NEW!!!!

Comment

That is crazy. Only time I use that is when I use it as lube for the clay bar. I'm going to get some. So how did you apply it to the paint. Wash your car dry it off then spray it on then wipe that off or what? Your vic looks great mang!
            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Well not many miles ago I did a full wax and buff job. This is an in between spray shine. However it added a massive increase in shine over my wax job alone. I didn't wash the car at all. I just took my car duster and cleaned of all the lose dust. I sprayed on the car and buffed it in with a finer cotton cloth, and then buffed too the shine with a towel like cloth.
              Last edited by Blaze86Vic; 04-29-2006, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Here is the car when I finished, note the difference in the front bumper from the first pic I posted.

This is how my stereo and dash trim looks after I aplied it.

Here is the speedo plastic glass I was talking about, I didn't do the trim as it is getting replaced this coming week.

Here is a before and after of the plastic glass that I did on my Mom's Bronco II. Her's is in much worse shape than mine, but you can still see the difference that is makes.

Comment

Holy Crap!! That looks like it's some good stuff. I'm going to have to pick up a bottle on my next run to the store.

Btw, your Vic is beautiful.

Comment

I ran to Kmart today and picked up a bottle of Mequire's Detailing Spray. Kmart had every other Black Magic product except the detailer.

Anyway, I tried the Mequire's on a small spot on the paint and it didn't do much, but it worked great on all the chrome. I didn't think she could shine like that. She still doesn't look as good as Blazes' Vic.

Btw, Blaze, thanks for mentioning the detailing spray.

Comment

Originally posted by monterey1962
                      Kmart had every other Black Magic product except the detailer.
                      Sounds like a WalMart in disguise to me....

No problem, keep in mind that I have a good wax job on my paint too. I don't know how much it will do for paint on its own, I guess not too much. But it really enhances what my wax job did. Try doing some serious buffing on the spot of paint, and then put the detailer on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                        Originally posted by monterey1962
                        Kmart had every other Black Magic product except the detailer.
                        Sounds like a WalMart in disguise to me....

No problem, keep in mind that I have a good wax job on my paint too. I don't know how much it will do for paint on its own, I guess not too much. But it really enhances what my wax job did. Try doing some serious buffing on the spot of paint, and then put the detailer on it.
                        what he said lol. i use the meguires nxt on the isuzu and its very shiny

Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Working...
                        X