My Custom Paint Plans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Custom Paint Plans

I was chatting with Tom about it and decided to go ahead and make a photoshop of my custom paint scheme on my Vic. I've had it planned and designed for over 10 years now. One day I'll have it on my Vic. Yeah the pic didn't come out so great, so invision it as black and a light silver. Also the black strip down the center is a new idea. Let me know if the split should stay, or if it should be a single stripe style. I didn't do the roof only because of the pain it would be to do. In real life it would go with the flow, and in the reas there is a similar method for joining the strip to the base.

looks good I tthink; is the black going to be "faded" into the silver, or a sharp edge like the middle stripe?

Comment

The fade is going to be just like it is shown. Black fade to silver. The black in the center would be as shown as well, not fade on that part. I like the strip in the center, but I think that it requires the AIR dam to be there for it to look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
        I like the strip in the center, but I think that it requires the AIR dam to be there for it to look good.
        I agree. Do you have any ideas to get the construction of it done?

Comment

I'm debating wether to do it in aluminum or steel. I want aluminum. It will be fairly strait foward. Since it's not going to be rice like, no curves funny crap. I'm going for a purely functional look. And it will be too. A good amount of cutting and welding should be what is needed. I'm not going to try and find a bunch of scrap to do it with though. Since it will be exposed and visible, I am going to buy strait material from a store. I hope for it to be a more proffesional process. Though this is some time in the future. I don't have the time to do the paint myself, nor the funds to pay someone. So the full on completion is about 4-5 years away. I plan on getting paint this summer if I can just to hold me over. And I may make the air dam as well, but that is pretty big maybe.

Comment

to bad you don't live local. I would help you make it now.

ohh ya , and i like the nose and the hood. Not so fond of the sides

Comment

I don't like the sides. I paint the air dam black too. My 86 had a plastic air damn on the bottom of the radiator core support that got broke off when I drove it into moose pond. I would be interested in an airdam if you want to make some extras.
              1989 Grand Marquis LS
              flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

Originally posted by Chachi
                and i like the nose and the hood. Not so fond of the sides
                How about a strait side? And I made the color a little better. So it looks all white, not primer gray. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_Pride
                  I would be interested in an airdam if you want to make some extras.
                  Let's wait and make sure i actualy build the first one before I take orders lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze86Vic
                    Originally posted by Chachi
                    and i like the nose and the hood. Not so fond of the sides
                    How about a strait side? And I made the color a little better. So it looks all white, not primer gray. lol

the sides might look better as a flame job.. stopping half way down the front door

Comment

I think it would look neat if you did real wide stripes like on the old 60's plymouth GTX's and left that small strip in the center. Thats just my 2 cents lol.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
                      My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
                        I think it would look neat if you did real wide stripes like on the old 60's plymouth GTX's and left that small strip in the center. Thats just my 2 cents lol.
                        good call!!! photo shop that :headbang:

Comment

yeah, i can't say I'm a big fan of the sides, but I also don't really like top-bottom fades unless its very gradual. Sharp lines are one thing but just a small transitional area looks wierd, like they ran out of paint or something. Fades are also very hard to do and make look even. Takes a good paint man to make it look right.

My thoughts: if you want 2tone on the side, do silver lower, black upper but don't fade it. Have it change right about the area a pinstripe would be, say 3" below the mirrors, have the hood black with the double silver stripes a la Chevelle and continue those right down to the air dam on the bottom. The stripes would also go over the roof and down the trunk. Air dam I'd say paint black with the silver stripes lined up with the hood.

Alternate idea: same sides, but paint the lower side area of the hood black and do the raised center part siver with black stripe down the center. Same treatment on the trunk.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm not a fan of pin stripes. Though they do look good, they won't be on my rider I like fades, and they are hard to do. If I did it msyelf I would have a jig setup so the fades would be systematic and perfect. However, I think by the time I actually get this paint job I plan on having the ability to pay someone who is truly a master at this to get the paint done right.

Flames are a no go for me, too many people already have flames. The regular racing stripes are also something you see too much of.

I'll do that photo shop some time soon, but my weekend of fun is over back to the college grind.

I like the ideas and they are all good, but I have to say that after I made that pic I think I had already made my decision. I guess it's one of those things that I know it aint the coolest, but it is to me.

BTW, what are you doing for your paint Chachi?

Comment

Hay, as long as you like it f*ck every one els

Comment

Working...
                              X