Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Codes Have Changed!

Ok... I have reset the computer!

And...... then the damn idiot light came on...... again.

Now I have:

P1131
    P1132
    P1151
    P1152

Plus all this time she hesitates from 0-15 and runs rough in idle..... then clears up and runs smooth in idle, all during the same stop.

I hope new plug and wires will help. They are the originals.

You may want to double check me on these, as I just pulled them out of a free Iphone App...

1131 O2 sensor indicates lean condition bank 1
    1132 O2 sensor indicates lean condition bank 1
    1151 O2 sensor indicates lean condition bank 2
    1152 O2 sensor indicates lean condition bank 2
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Comment

Which car did you buy?
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Sounds like its lean. How old is your fuel filter? Have you checked the vacuum lines, particualrly the one at the PCV valve?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
          Which car did you buy?
          A 1996 Marquis that I am about to drive off a cliff. lol!

Sounds like its lean. How old is your fuel filter? Have you checked the vacuum lines, particualrly the one at the PCV valve?
          Fuel Filter? I dont know but its not new.
          I havent checked the vaccum lines. I am not sure what to check. If they still have a vaccum and to see if there are any cracks, right?

You may want to double check me on these, as I just pulled them out of a free Iphone App...

1131 O2 sensor indicates lean condition bank 1
          1132 O2 sensor indicates lean condition bank 1
          1151 O2 sensor indicates lean condition bank 2
          1152 O2 sensor indicates lean condition bank 2

Well Guess what.... I cleard the codes from the computer after I changed the plugs and wires. (a few plugs were covered in oil for some reason BTW) And after all of that.... rough idle!!! Hesitation!!! And now, 2 codes!

P0133
          P0153

BTW thanks for all your help and input! If I could get you all drunk I would

Comment

replace the fuel filter and check the lines for cracks. the one at the pcv valve on the passenger side tends to crack at the rubber coupler. change the air filter too.

what kind of plugs and wires did you put in? these things like Motorcraft parts.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0133
              http://www.obd-codes.com/p0153

did you replace the O2 sensors yet?

Google is your friend.

-ryan s.
              08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
              97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
              94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
              73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
              12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
              Originally posted by pantera77
              Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

What are the odds that all 4 o2 sensors went bad at the same time though?
                Former panther owner
                1981 CV 351 4bbl
                1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  replace the fuel filter and check the lines for cracks. the one at the pcv valve on the passenger side tends to crack at the rubber coupler. change the air filter too.

what kind of plugs and wires did you put in? these things like Motorcraft parts.

1stly, yes I googled those codes. But If I didnt tell you folks what they were it would be more difficult to diagnose.

OK.... today I checked the oil level and it was ok, I checked for vaccum leaks and nothing. I also replaced the IAC! Annnnnnnnnd.... it did nothing.

Still getting semi-rough to pretty damn rough idle and hesitation from 0-15mph.

Tomorrow... new PCV, replace one o2 sensor. WHY just one? Because I cant get at the one on the other side without burning the hell out of my arm. And if I let it cool off it wont come off. (from my last experience)
                  I will also put in a new fuel filter in within the next day or three.

Comment

Very unlikely all 4 02 sensors are bad or faulty.

your MAF sensor is either dirty or failing. clean it first with some MAF cleaner and then re-set the PCM. If the codes persist, replace the MAF sensor.
                    2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                    89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                    88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post

your MAF sensor is either dirty or failing. clean it first with some MAF cleaner and then re-set the PCM. If the codes persist, replace the MAF sensor.
                      what about pulling one from the bone yard?

Comment

Originally posted by 88grandmarq View Post

I was going to suggest that. The reason I was thinking it was from an experience I had with a 2002 ford ranger. I was getting codes like this also. I was modding the airbox.....and dropped the MAF.

Truck bucked like crazy till I got it fixed. (cleaning it didn't help in my case).

Listen to these guys mang, they know a lot more about this stuff than I do.
                        Former panther owner
                        1981 CV 351 4bbl
                        1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by andymac0035 View Post
                          I was going to suggest that. The reason I was thinking it was from an experience I had with a 2002 ford ranger. I was getting codes like this also. I was modding the airbox.....and dropped the MAF.

Truck bucked like crazy till I got it fixed. (cleaning it didn't help in my case).

Listen to these guys mang, they know a lot more about this stuff than I do.
                          But i bet they dont have awesome wheels like you do

Comment

Originally posted by The Dalek View Post
                            You could try that, but there's no guarantee that it won't be any better than what you have now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dalek View Post
                              Before you start throwing parts at it, do some diagnosis.

Very first thing to do is remove the actual sensor from air housing and clean the hot wires with some MAF cleaner. I use Q-tips and clean the wires front, back, top and bottom.

If the air filter is dirty or you have a K&N/oil type air filter, REPLACE IT with a new paper filter. both dirty filter and oil type filter will cause contamination to the MAF sensor.

I would also hook up a fuel pressure gauge and get a reading on what the fuel pressure. maybe drive the car around and monitor the fuel pressure under different loads. You may have some trash in the tank, a clogged fuel filter, a failing fuel pump or all of the above.
                              2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
                              89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
                              88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
                              X