AC COMPRESSOR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AC COMPRESSOR

Hi all, I need a compressor that fit my 89 MGM LS, mines crapped out on me and the Miami heat/rainy season has begun.
    please help.

4thPanther..03 MGM LS
    previous panthers: 87 MGM, 85 CV 2 DOOR, 89 MGM.

rock auto has them for $220.79 for Spectra Premium and $296.79 for the Motorcraft part.

The reman I don't think is worth it since it's only $30 less than the motorcraft part.
    http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,ca...,parttype,6628

of course... the motorcraft one may not have the clutch. Also... do you know it's the compressor and not just the clutch?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by 89merk View Post
      Hi all, I need a compressor that fit my 89 MGM LS, mines crapped out on me and the Miami heat/rainy season has begun.
      please help.
      If the compressor itself went bad and went boom boom, you're gonna need to have the system thoroughly cleaned or else that black shit will clog up the system and possibly ruin your new compressor as well.

Comment

Yea I know imma have to have the whole system flushed, the ac compressor itself is the one leaking freon, I did see some rebuilt ones with 1 yr warranty on Ebay for $100.

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        . Also... do you know it's the compressor and not just the clutch?
        i had the whole system serviced about 9 months ago, they used that green tinted freon .....a few weeks ago the cold stopped coming out, I would fill it with freon and it would come out cold again but in about a day it was hot again, upon closer inspection the clutch has the green tint all over it..
        Last edited by 87gtVIC; 05-20-2010, 01:43 PM.

4thPanther..03 MGM LS

Comment

Oh, then the compressor is leaking, not all exploded. You'll just need a new compressor and drier, and an orifice tube for good measure. You can get compressors cheaper if you reuse the clutch assembly.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
            Oh, then the compressor is leaking, not all exploded. You'll just need a new compressor and drier, and an orifice tube for good measure. You can get compressors cheaper if you reuse the clutch assembly.
            +1

and if you re-use the clutch... you'll need the puller tool. makes that PITA job much easier.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

i got a good one off my 85 squad, i think the same, pm me

Comment

i'm not sure if i have a 88+ compressor......yes they are different.....i'll look around downstairs when it's not dark out

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Will one off a '95 5.0 Mustang work? If so, I have four of them.

I *may* have a Fox body compressor laying around as well. Not sure if they're the same.
                  Michelle's Automotive Playground

Comment

Originally posted by Evil95GT View Post
                    Will one off a '95 5.0 Mustang work? If so, I have four of them.

I *may* have a Fox body compressor laying around as well. Not sure if they're the same.
                    nice but i dont think they fit

4thPanther..03 MGM LS

Comment

sent u a pm

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                      X