87-93 HO intake/TB + stock EGR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87-93 HO intake/TB + stock EGR?

I don't imagine this would make anything explode but it would be nice to hear what you guys think.

I'm doing the H.O intake and tb swap and boring out the egr spacer but don't think I will have a bored egr spacer in time to put it on with the intake and tb.

Anything wrong with using the stock EGR until I get the bored one?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

might as well not do any of it until you get the spacer
    Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

It will make the TB and intake upgrade useless essentially.

I drove around for a while with just the HO intake because I was bored one day. Obviously it made no difference though with the stock tb and egr spacer.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by cld783 View Post
        might as well not do any of it until you get the spacer

I need valve cover gaskets. Planned on doing the intake etc swap when I did those. When I get the EGR it will take 10 minutes to replace that.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
          I need valve cover gaskets. Planned on doing the intake etc swap when I did those. When I get the EGR it will take 10 minutes to replace that.
          yea but it's still pointless.. you could take the whole lopo intake off in 10 minutes to replace the valve cover gaskets.
          Give a man a fish and he will be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will promptly forget that he once did not know, and proceed to call anyone who asks, a n00b and flame them on the boards for being stupid.

Comment

you could take it off in 10 minutes
            sigpic

Comment

yea it's pointless......if i had some lopo spacers, i'd have them bored out.....i'm not paying the 10 bucks the junkyard wants for one tho

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                you could take it off in 10 minutes
                only cuz i've done it a million times before i'm just giving you my honest opinion.. it will be a better decision to do it all when you get the spacer bored to match the tb opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                  yea it's pointless......if i had some lopo spacers, i'd have them bored out.....i'm not paying the 10 bucks the junkyard wants for one tho

I would pay 10 bucks for one. I think zoomie is getting one for me though? If not I can send you $$ for one?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cld783 View Post
                    only cuz i've done it a million times before i'm just giving you my honest opinion.. it will be a better decision to do it all when you get the spacer bored to match the tb opening.
                    Wow, chill out. You'd rather he reinstall his stock upper, only to remove and replace it when the spacer comes in?

I say toss in the HO upper when you do the valve cover gaskets, then swap to the bored EGR spacer whenever you manage to get it.
                    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
                    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
                    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

^ this... Just don't do it only for the HO upper because it won't make a difference. If your doing it because you need to take the stock upper off anyway, it will save you a set of gaskets and some time to just throw the upper on.
                      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by Freshmeat View Post
                        Wow, chill out. You'd rather he reinstall his stock upper, only to remove and replace it when the spacer comes in?

I say toss in the HO upper when you do the valve cover gaskets, then swap to the bored EGR spacer whenever you manage to get it.

he asked what i thought and thats my answer... the vc gaskets have probably been leaking for how long?? whats another month?

Comment

Just my opinion and it's worth what you're paying for it!!!

Wait and don't do anything until you have ALL your parts ready to go!!

You'll be glad you did...

BEEN THERE, DONE THAT!!!!!!

Comment

Waiting to do it all in one shot is very good advice. Chances are the valve cover leak won't get worse in the next couple of weeks.

If you're hard set on replacing the valve cover gaskets you can install the HO upper with the stock spacer. It will make no performance difference, but you can change the spacer and throttle body out later.
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                            X