need a couple pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need a couple pics

I need two pics of Lincoln instrument clusters. I need an 87-89 Towncar analog cluster, preferably a full shot of the whole thing, and I need a good LSC instrument cluster shot. Doesn't much matter if its a 120 or 85 mph speedo.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Crap, I don't have a camera, you should try lincolns online or fordvschevy in the hot rod lincoln forum.

Comment

Here's one:

Project \"Fire and Ice\":

1989 LTC

My worst enemies are those who presume me to be harmless. They cannot imagine how much I resent and disdain them, or just how great a threat they would face if I could get at them. Everything in their behavior speaks of insult and presumptuousness, and for now it is all I can do to make constructive use of my anger toward them. At this time, I just make a list of them and keep a watch on. Some day, with the help of time, space, and circumstance, I will be able to humiliate them properly - not in a manner they would enjoy, but in a style calculated to make them wish that they had never been born.

Anton Szandor LaVey

Comment

Here some gauges from Town Cars:

1980-1981

1982-1984

1985-1987

Not yet find photo

1988-1989

1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

Thanks guys, but unfortunately this little scheme kinda died before it got started. I was all set to hack a 120 mph LSC speedometer into a Towncar cluster untill I found out the LSC speedometer is electric, not cable driven like the Towncar unit. I could perhaps find a way to make this work anyway, but I don't really feel like messing with it. I'll go on to my other idea, a digital dash with either a hacked speedo to read more than 85 mph, or with a 91-92 Bill Blass readout to read more tha 85.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Why dont you try hacking together a way to mount a set of autometer gauges in place of the factory cluster? I hear there's someone out there that could really use something like that

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Crap, I should of remembered that, I have a bill blass digi speedo I can just plug in.

Oh man there is a little black projection box that reads on the windsheild off ebay. Neighbor who gave it to me says it goes for under 50 bucks. I'll stick with the tack though.

Comment

I could but I want it to look factory. Autometer might be fine but it won't look like it might have come that way from Lincoln.

Comment

just do what i did

Comment

Working...
                  X