Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've never seen or even heard of one of these. Pretty cool.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen or even heard of one of these. Pretty cool.

An '84 LTD LX?

http://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/ctd/1755382807.html
    sigpic

thats what we call baby LTDs. there are baby marquis' as well.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Yup, I almost bought a 85 LX.... it was SUPER clean.
      '97 Cadillac Catera - 3.0 DOHC V6, 75k
      Soon... Any '95+ Panther!
      CLICK ME! Parts For Sale, SUPER CHEAP!!!

Comment

I had one of those, owned it for about two years.

Wish I had kept it!!!

Comment

YES! an LTD LX! I've wanted one of these for fucking ever! There pretty rare.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

smaller... lighter... same engine... zoom and stuff. sounds like a fun car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Bit of an odd car, basically thats a four door Mustang. The LX with the HO is not common.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Anyone else notice that the car has no mufflers?
                Bet it sounds really good though........
                Former panther owner
                1981 CV 351 4bbl
                1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Geeze... all of you confirming that it's so rare is making it really tempting to go ask for a loan from a family member to go buy it!

I want someone on here to get it... Who in MI has the money and wants it? LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

So is that an HO CFI with a flat-tappet cam like the mid-80's Mustang autos came with? Only time I have seen these were when they were new. Unfortunately I was more into Legos and R/C cars at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                      So is that an HO CFI with a flat-tappet cam like the mid-80's Mustang autos came with?
                      I believe so.
                      Former panther owner
                      1981 CV 351 4bbl
                      1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Originally posted by Heather View Post
                        I want someone on here to get it... Who in MI has the money and wants it? LOL
                        I've been wanting one for a few years, but I would get very strange looks from my wife if I asked to buy it.

Edit: What the heck, I'll bug her about it anyway.

So is that an HO CFI with a flat-tappet cam like the mid-80's Mustang autos came with? Only time I have seen these were when they were new.
                        Precisely.

Unfortunately I was more into Legos and R/C cars at that time.
                        Ditto. Actually, I had it worse - by the time I was 9-10 and started really noticing cars, the Fox LTD was long dead. And I don't think I learned about them until I was at least 18!
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

These aren't a bad-running car, but these particular Fox-body products are incredibly flimsy, lol.

I owned a '83 LTD wagon (I was in the middle of doing a 460 swap into it when it was rear-ended by an idiot lady in a Volvo, I think I put a picture up in here about three years ago), and a '84 Mercury Marquis wagon (I should have kept this one, but it was way too sleepy looking, being tan with woodgrain with tan interior). My dad picked up a couple of these cars from an auction in the early 1990's....they were great burnout machines.

Comment

http://www.ltdlx.org/history.html

http://www.hemmings.com/mus/stories/...feature19.html
                            sigpic
                            1988 Grand Marquis LS (White Lightning), 2003 Mercury Marauder (SOLD),1979 Mercury Cougar XR-7
                            http://landyachts.homestead.com/page5.html,1951 Merc on a '88 Lincoln Town Car Chassis:http://landyachts.homestead.com/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
                              These aren't a bad-running car, but these particular Fox-body products are incredibly flimsy, lol.
                              Was the same-year Mustang any better in that respect? I've read that prior to the '94 redesign, Mustangs got a big increase in build quality for '89 or so and I think a smaller one for about '86. Which of course was the year Ford decided to give midsize sedan buyers the finger ....

This reminds me, I need to get up to speed on David Clafin's LTD wagon thread at a certain site some people like to hate ..... he was making some sort of modification to the spare tire well, but I don't remember offhand if he was doing much else to the body.
                              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                              X