Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake kits for you guys with the new stuff.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake kits for you guys with the new stuff.

I have been lurking around MMN lately to see If I can't learn anything about High Performance 4.6's (I don't know jack about them lol) and I came across a thread discussing a big brake kit that someone installed. It was made by wilwood and it worked flawlessly. So I created an account and asked about part numbers, and was told that there is a guy that is piecing together sets that just bolt right up. Anyway here is the link:
    http://www.tceperformanceproducts.co...s.pl?record=11
    It says it is made for the Marauder, but I am ASSUMING that they will bolt up to all 03 up panthers. Either way if it only works for the MArauders, I gave you Marauder guys something to drool over (and SVT98T you might be needing these with that supercharger you're putting on lol). The price is God-Forsakenly expensive, but the calipers don't corrode, the pads last virtually forever (They are c6 corvette brakes, so when the pads need replaced, that's what you need), and the rotors are garunteed not to warp.
    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Damn son, $3500 for brakes!

Comment

They are 14.1 inch rotors. There's only 0.25 inches of clearance between the rotor and the rim. That means you have to watch out where the wheel weight is. Or you're just better off running 19s.
      They are mega pricey. But it might fall on my list of things to do next year.

mm.net has some pretty good stuff on there.

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Those are BADASS.
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
          They are 14.1 inch rotors. There's only 0.25 inches of clearance between the rotor and the rim. That means you have to watch out where the wheel weight is. Or you're just better off running 19s.
          I believe if you want to keep the stock 18's, you have to get the 13 inch rotor kit (which is still a shit ton of stopping power)
          Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
          New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

You can still keep the stock 18s. There's just a quarter inch of clearance between the rotor and the caliper. Trust me. I've seen it at a CAM meet. In person.
            They are wicked.

-ryan s.
            08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
            03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
            97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
            94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
            73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
            12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
            Originally posted by pantera77
            Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
            X