92-93 grand marq rim????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92-93 grand marq rim????

Will any 5 lug stang rim fit and look ok. I made a fatal mistake of gettin rims that don't fit luckily the guy took em back. From what I've read I got 5x114.3? Or no? The rims I bought were 5x114.3 but they had to get beat on then after I beat em on I figured out they were fwd rims so they sat about 8" in the wheel well(I'm captain of the fail boat lol). But I can get some good deals on stang rims so any help would be great. Thanks Rob
    93 grand marquis ls = the daily

97 dodge neon GLH-4 = the project

You will need expensive wheel spacers for any mustang wheels.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Eh so is there any good lookin rwd rims that can be used on the cheap. like stock rims from a different car.

Comment

HPP wheels should do the trick. You may just have to put some effort into making them look good again if they are pitted etc.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

How hard are those to find

Comment

http://www.car-part.com/index.htm
            do a search for wheels with pictures on a 1995 crown vic (or any year crown vic/grand marq from 95-02) and you want the 16x7 Alum. wheels. I'm going to need to find a set to use as winter wheels pretty soon.
            Last edited by hemihotrod402; 06-02-2010, 01:42 PM.
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

A guy at my work has pontiac firebird bbs rims on his box style marq would those fit the aero style

Comment

yes...are you sure he's not running spacers though?
                Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Yeah I'm sure he didn't even know what the rims were till I told him lol.

Comment

You can use wheels from any 1979-2002 panther vehicle (ie Crown Victoria, Grand Marquis, Lincoln Town Car) - direct fit, w/o any spacers.

What kind of look are you after? You could use the 2001-2002 Crown Vic Sport wheels (5 (wide) spoke rims) for a more aggressive/sporty look (not to mention better handling @ 17"), or some nice chromed '98-'02 Town Car cartier rims for a classier appearance.

Click the link in my sig to go to my website and read the wheel/tire FAQ for more info
                    -My Homepage, Panther info & FAQs-
                    My Mint 96' Mercury Grand Marquis LSE -
                    Modifications
                    Click My Merc for more Pics!

Comment

Definitely want an aggressive/sporty look something with a dish/lip on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X