A/C problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C problem

So today my dads friend was going to put freon in my car a 95 town car he put all these guages to check the pressure and everything was fine. There was pressure and the lines were pretty cold but the vents were throwing out like room temperature air!

He said but is not sure that there might be this door that is in the dash that let's in the cold air is stuck or there's some sort of vac Problem

what can it be

ah, the blend door failure in the electronic climate control bullshit system.

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00128.html read that and do the test, hopefully it won't give you back the blend door codes. If it does,

http://www.lincolnsonline.com/tech/00020.html
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

yeah there we go i heard it had to do with some door!!! thanks alot ill do that test later tonight and ill be back with the codes if any

Comment

Ok I did the test and it worked!

This is what I got:

025-Intermittent fault in blend door calibration
        125-Intermittent vehicle speed signal

Comment

time to replace the blend door most likely. Seek second opinions on lincolnsonline.com but I do believe thats the "you're screwed" code. Not sure what the VSS code means, probably not very important but I don't know much about that control system
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

You may be able to repair it yourself (but you'll have to get to it first of course)

Here's a few links on different ways to fix it if the actuator still works and is just stripped or the blend door hinge broken...
            http://www.blenddoorfix.netfirms.com/
            http://www.conceptualedge.com/blend-door/

These are on Exploders, but the concept should still apply.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

knowing where that lives on a panther, I seriously doubt you'll be able to get that off without pulling the plenum out of the dash, which requires unbolting the dashboard.

Comment

hence the getting to it part that you already posted.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I hope it's just the blend door actuator and not the door itself. I'll look around for a good price on the actuator or I'll just go to the yard and pull one out. That way I have a good idea where exactly it's at and I know this junk yard that is really cheap.

Also what is the 125??? Is that for the cruise control?? Cause that doesn't work either

Comment

Dont install a used one, its just going to die. Replace the heater core while you're in there too, its damn near the same job and you don't want to yank the dash twice.

125 is speed sensor related, could explain a dead cruise control. check it for engine codes, if you get a VSS code there too, the vss might be dead or unplugged. Its on the tailshaft of the transmission, comes out real easy.

Comment

And this is why i don't have A/C!!

I do have a spare VSS sensor if yours is crap.
                      But if the VSS is unplugged, there should be no speed indication, correct? I believe there's just two wires going to it.

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                        And this is why i don't have A/C!!

AC isn't evil, but automatic climate control in its various forms is. That digital BS the round cars got is truly a demon of technology. Slide levers and cable controls FTW. Even the vacuum BS the boxes had kind of sucks.

Comment

Working...
                        X