Mustang 4.6 and Panther difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustang 4.6 and Panther difference?

What makes the new edge mustang rate at 260hp and 300trq and my 06 MGM rate at only 239hp and 287trq.

I know their exhaust is a little larger in diameter, but what else makes the difference?

Also, i ordered a magna flow 2.25 catback, diablo tune and a CAI, how much do you guys think she will be rated at with these mods?

Is the manga flow system going to flow that much better than the stock system?

Thanks
    sigpic
    Every day of my life I add another name to the list of people that piss me off!

I think it's all centered around the PI heads and the ECM. There may be more to it as well such as different cam specs, different size TB, etc.
    '97 Cadillac Catera - 3.0 DOHC V6, 75k
    Soon... Any '95+ Panther!
    CLICK ME! Parts For Sale, SUPER CHEAP!!!

Comment

I would guess that alot comes the exhaust not only being bigger diameter, but also shorter. My guess is that the intake is less restrictive too.
      The programming on the engine computer can also be more aggressive due to the car weight being less too.
      This is my speculation. FWIW
      Grant
      2000 Grand Marquis 145,000 mi.
      No mods

Comment

Main difference is exhaust, intake tract and PCM tuning.

ALL 2001 and newer production 4.6L engines already have PI intake and heads.

personally, I would skip the diablo tune and contact Lonnie at www.blueovalchips.com
        2003 Town Car Signature - 3.27 RAR, Dual exhaust and J-mod - SOLD 9/2011
        89 Crown Victoria LX HPP -- SOLD 9/2010
        88 Grand Marquis LS - The Original -- Totaled 5/2006

I rebuild AOD/AODE/4R70W/4R75E transmissions....Check out my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/North...48414635312478

Comment

Working...
        X