302 carb..help me out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

302 carb..help me out

will remote start up work on carburetor, i switch my car from a fuel injected to carb but my remote start doesnt cooperate.
    And what is the best way to star the car pat the gas firsr then start it or........

carbs generally like a single stomp on the gas to prime them first for a cold start.trying to crank it cold without a prime usually results in endless cranking.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

one or two pumps to get some gas in the intake and set the choke is what its gonna take. It may also require adjustment of the choke, the high idle, and the fuel mix screws to make things happy. I wouldn't expect the remote start to work very well on a carb at all.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There might be something you can rig up concerning a....nah, never mind.

Comment

Lol ok now one more qustion after a while of running the car will just shut off and its like gas isnt getting to the carb and i have an external pump in the hood . So is it to much gas where its flooding it out or do i need to remove the fuel pump out of the tank.. Theres really no good performance mechanics in houston so thats wh im having all these problems.

Comment

Originally posted by SwanginOn4z View Post
            Lol ok now one more qustion after a while of running the car will just shut off and its like gas isnt getting to the carb and i have an external pump in the hood . So is it to much gas where its flooding it out or do i need to remove the fuel pump out of the tank.. Theres really no good performance mechanics in houston so thats wh im having all these problems.
            External electric, or external mechanical? Is this pump under the hood? Just for future reference, absolutely none of the electrical fuel pumps out there work that far away from the gas tank. Electric fuel pumps are primarily a 'pusher', not a puller, in that they need to be really close to the fuel source in order to work properly. If someone tossed in an electrical pump in a 10-minute butcher job under the hood just to get the car running, the pump usually doesn't last very long up there.

If it's a mechanical pump....I have a couple of ideas, but I want to hear what kind of pump is in it first.

Comment

while probably not cheap, I have a hard time beleiving there isnt a good performance shop in a big city like Houston

Comment

it have a couple of performance shops but not performance mechanics

Originally posted by jayh View Post
                while probably not cheap, I have a hard time beleiving there isnt a good performance shop in a big city like Houston

Comment

u sayin exactly wat some1 else told me. so what kind of fuel pump will b good and where should i install it????

Originally posted by The Auntie Christ View Post
                  External electric, or external mechanical? Is this pump under the hood? Just for future reference, absolutely none of the electrical fuel pumps out there work that far away from the gas tank. Electric fuel pumps are primarily a 'pusher', not a puller, in that they need to be really close to the fuel source in order to work properly. If someone tossed in an electrical pump in a 10-minute butcher job under the hood just to get the car running, the pump usually doesn't last very long up there.

If it's a mechanical pump....I have a couple of ideas, but I want to hear what kind of pump is in it first.

Comment

u sayin exactly wat some1 else told me. so what kind of fuel pump will b good and where should i install it????
                    Which pump do you have installed right now?

Comment

actuallly im not sure its a small gold electric pump

Which pump do you have installed right now?

Comment

If you have an electric pump, it needs to be moved at close as possible to the gas tank, and mounted as low as possible. I'd also considering installing a basic 30-amp relay to fire off the pump, in case one hasn't been installed already. I don't know how this gold pump of yours is triggered, so this needs to be determined before you get too carried away.

Comment

ok so ill move it to the back. but wouldnt i have 2 rig a hose or somethin n the tank

If you have an electric pump, it needs to be moved at close as possible to the gas tank, and mounted as low as possible. I'd also considering installing a basic 30-amp relay to fire off the pump, in case one hasn't been installed already. I don't know how this gold pump of yours is triggered, so this needs to be determined before you get too carried away.

Comment

ok so ill move it to the back. but wouldnt i have 2 rig a hose or somethin n the tank
                            I have no idea as to how the existing fuel system is set up. Typically, some fuel system modification is required to mount an external fuel pump back there, so yes, you'll probably have to rig a hose, and add some wiring.

Comment

ok thanks im goin to get it done tomorrow morning ill let u know the results

Comment

Working...
                              X