X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1995 GM headlight system help

Hello everyone!

Glad to finally find a GM forum!

Just started driving a 1995 and have a couple headlight questions.

The first time I drove it at night I thought some nitwit had damaged my lowbeams -- they seemed very dim in comparison to the Lincoln or the Park Avenue (no, I did not mention that brand).

The brights are brilliant. I swear it is like day in front of that car. I looked and sure enough, all four lights are on when they are on bright.

I threw in some Xtravisions in the lows and that helped dramatically but they still seem dimmer than the other cars. I am also not sure they are aligned properly -- they look like they are tilted up in their mounts.

So, the questions. Are the 1995 headlamps visually aimable? Should I try it or take it directly to a dealer?

And two, are all four lights supposed to be on when bright? I didn't see any evidence of tampering or modification.

Thanks,
    Jim
    2000 Grand Marquis
    1995 Grand Marquis
    1990 Lincoln Continental (50th Anniversary)
    1989 Buick Park Avenue
    1989 Grand Marquis

Welcome. My grandmother has a '96 and she says her low beams suck, too. Strange..
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Time for some fog lights!!

I would also get them aimed, every car I know of has aimable headlights...

Ive also heard that if you hook up your headlights directly to the battery, using the existing wiring to kick the relay, that it works VERY well (thanks to Ronman for that one)

And lastly..

to GMN!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

welcome, but its a sad fact that your lows will suck with those years. My 82 vic blows my 95 towncars headlights out of the water. Polish your lenses and aim the lights, or if your ambitious add the relay kit. Don't feel bad tho your GM has better lighting than the towncars of that era.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

An update.

I just installed HIR lows. A significant improvement over the Sylvania Xtravisions which were a significant improvement over stock. They are expensive but I think they are worth it for those who do alot of night driving.

When the relay/harness kit arrives and I get it installed I will let everyone know if it helps.

Here is a link to a ... BMW ... site that talks about the bulbs and there are a few sites that you can find through Google:

http://www.bmwcca.org/members/AM/Tem...e_Be_E36_Light

Here is a link to the eBay seller I bought from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Jim
          2000 Grand Marquis
          1995 Grand Marquis
          1990 Lincoln Continental (50th Anniversary)
          1989 Buick Park Avenue
          1989 Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
          X