Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1980 ford ltd 2 door - $4200

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/1784910190.html

Price is too much and I dont know what the hell kind of spoiler that is but it sucks

You couldn't build one for that price.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah I know it. I'd hate to pay that much and the motor be stock with a rebuild. Then I'd have more in engine parts.

Comment

Yeah, definitely figure on throwing a newer engine and transmission at it if you want it to be remotely entertaining to drive. People think pre-'86 lowpo 302s are worth money, and they just aren't smart starting points for those looking to avoid buying linkbar lifters. One could hope that maybe the engine isn't stock, but if it were, you'd think the seller would have said so.

People also think new service parts justify an astronomical price. Argh.

I still like the 1980-only bumper and 1979-80 mirrors.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I cannot vouch for what this owner has done but I can assure you that a decent amount of money was put into it, and that this vehicle was cared for enough to even have the engine rebuilt and everything fixed to running order which is something not many do anymore. I am sure it would have been way more economical to junk that car than rebuild it to what it is, mechanical wise.

To put this into perspective I have over nine thousand dollars into my crown vic. After paint I will be into the car for over twelve thousand. I know right of the bat I will never get my money back but you can be damn sure you ain't touching it for anything less than six thousand because you could NEVER build it for that price and I as well as others aren't giving things away for free.

Now I also understand that nobody may be up for spending that much but it is the owners problem and not the tire kicker potential buyers. Simply put:

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          Yeah, definitely figure on throwing a newer engine and transmission at it if you want it to be remotely entertaining to drive. People think pre-'86 lowpo 302s are worth money, and they just aren't smart starting points for those looking to avoid buying linkbar lifters. One could hope that maybe the engine isn't stock, but if it were, you'd think the seller would have said so.

People also think new service parts justify an astronomical price. Argh.

I still like the 1980-only bumper and 1979-80 mirrors.
          Last edited by 87gtVIC; 06-20-2010, 06:01 PM.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Kind of looks like an older 2 door version of my red car.
            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I would demand it has the starsky and hutch white stripe placed on it before purchasing it.
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Judging by his spelling and grammar, I would check that thing over very well before I paid that much money.
                2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

The spoiler spoils it for me.
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                  X