Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

92 grand marquis 281v8, 4.6L..govenor removal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 grand marquis 281v8, 4.6L..govenor removal?

hi, i cant go over 160km/100mph right now, i never could. im just wondering if it is simple to remove the governor or if i haveto buy a performance chip of some sort in order to go over 100mph..ive searched for hours on this topic throughout google.com and no results! fuck !! -thanks.

Civilian models are speed limited from the factory to around 106 mph by the computer. (It simply won't let the car get any more fuel to go faster) You would need a chip to get rid of the limiters. You could also go with a Police computer from the same year car. They have a higher top speed setting on the limiter.

Ray
    Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
    Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

ok, thanks.
      do u know where i could purchase a police chip for my 92grand marquis? or a rough estimate, price range? thanks.

Comment

Its kinda hard to find a Police computer for a 1992 Panther. Havent seen many for sale.

http://members.sounddomain.com/sambos86
        My 1979 F-250 Ranger Hi Boy
        33/12.50 BFG Mud Terrians
        390ci with a little bigger cam
        Holly 4 barrel with K&N
        4 Speed with granny gear

Comment

'92 can be an interesting year. The very early models used the old style AOD transmission. (Up to some point in 2/92) After that point they switched to the AODE (e=electronic) trans. The computers aren't interchangable, so the first thing you need to know is which one you have.

PI computers range, $50-up, depending on the seller. A custom chip is more expensive ($250+) but the chip is custom made for your car. It really depends on the $$ you want to spend. I have seen a few for sale on CVN, eBay, etc. You really just have to go hunting.
          Car: 2004 Mercury Marauder
          Engine/Tranny: 49k miles and bone stock....for now

Comment

cool, thanks. If anyone knows where i can snag some kind of chip in which my engine isnt governed!..let me know of sale(5-300$)(92 GM 281v8, 4.6L)! ..and i was just wondering what CVN is? ..thanks for the help ppl.
            :banana:
            take care mofo's!

Comment

even with the PI computer, you're still limited. the pi computer just raises that limit.

cvn is the "other" crown vic forum. useful info but overfucking moderated. my previous statement would have gotten me banned for a day or two. very useful reference point. there is also another forum along thses lines, CVU. like here, its not censored or heavily moderated.
              Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

is a PI computer a police computer aka PCM?

Comment

Working...
                X