marauder engine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

marauder engine?

What makes a Marauder engine a Marauder engine? two more cams and lots of aluminum?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

10.1:1 compression. aluminum block and heads. C series heads. Lots of room. 91 octane tune. 32 valves. dual crossover tube. 6 quart oil change.

-ryan s.
    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
    Originally posted by pantera77
    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Is it similar to anything from a Mustang? Just wondering about the possibility of a dohc cobra motor/trans in a whale panther
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Same as a mach I motor.
        1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
        2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
        http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
        sigpic

Comment

Same engine as the Mark VIII and I believe some of the Cobras had it as well.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

this interests me greatly...any reason why one couldn't work in a whale town car?
            sigpic

Comment

It seems to me that the Town Car should have come with that engine.....especially when they discontinued the Mark VIII.
              That is just my opinion.
              As far as if it will fit.......It might be a situation where it would fit an '03 and up better. I am not sure when the TC got rack and pinion steering, but I am pretty sure that is when the CV and GM did.
              Grant
              2000 Grand Marquis 145,000 mi.
              No mods

Comment

put a 302 in one

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  Same engine as the Mark VIII and I believe some of the Cobras had it as well.
                  The Marauder DOHC is different from the Mark 8. Different heads, cams, etc. The lower end and block are different too. The Marks have a really good block though (Made by Teksid, in Italy)
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Um, the transmission is a 4R70W. The same across the whole panther platform. Minus the bette torque converter.
                    It is the exact same motor as the Mustang Mach 1. Except the intake on the Marauder faces the driver side, not the passenger side.
                    All panthers got the upgraded rack and pinion in 03.
                    Now, the 98-02 cobra motors are a little different than the Mach1 motors.
                    The 03-04 cobras have the blower, forged internals and the iron block.
                    I don't see why you couldn't swap the either cobra motor in.
                    You just need motor mounts, the harness, ECM/tune, MAF, upgraded fuel pump and soon.
                    It's been done a few times.

-ryan s.
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                      put a 302 in one
                      Since the motor I know best is an EFI 302, I would love to, but I don't think I have (or will have) the skills you guys used to drop the windsor in the 92.

I'm thinking long term project (as in, it'll be my project car ) but after driving that Mustang this weekend....need moar powar. My love of big cushy boat Panthers is too great for me to drive a small car like a Mustang.

Latest town car I can buy (I think 10 was the last year? Maybe 09?) with the best stock mod motor I can find, preferably n/a

I realize I will not be able to retain the performance of something like a pony car in a big sedan, but there's nothing wrong with a much faster Panther. A Marauder fits the bill perfectly but they are scarce in comparison to town cars or other whales
                      sigpic

Comment

You should get a marauder donor car, pull the motor and stuff that you need. After you're done I'll take the wheels!
                        Lets Go Pens!

Comment

I'll be buying a few wrecked Marauders next year as part of my business plan. If you can hold out til then, I'll probably be able to hook you up with most everything.

Originally posted by thunderbirdlver View Post
                          You should get a marauder donor car, pull the motor and stuff that you need. After you're done I'll take the wheels!
                          I take it you'd like the floor mats too?

-ryan s.
                          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Sure! Maybe a front bumper, trunk lid, and the air box stuff too! Ha ha I'm worse than a ricer but I want that look!
                            Lets Go Pens!

Comment

I know. Scott already claimed my stock airbox for the TC. But, i can hook you up with the Airbox and the MAF. You'd have to get a tune for the bigger MAF, but, you'd add a nice 15-20 hp, maybe more.

-ryan s.
                              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Working...
                              X