More cleaning and getting rid of smog. DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More cleaning and getting rid of smog. DUW

So, my car passed e-check with none of that smog pump shit on so I took it all off today. Cleaned and painted a little bit and I am happy with it. Looks alot better now and runs great too.
    Before:

After:

A/C and smog removed.

Clean fender wells and painted stuff.

I really miss the steelie look, I had before. Turbs are GAY

Much better. Tho I'm thinkin of new 16in police whells and caps now.

One more, look, open space for a supercharger!

I'm pretty happy with the results even though I sliced my finger real good. All my paint that I had on the manifolds burned off so it looks shittly but o well they will be gone soon any way.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
    My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

looks good
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Comment

Good job looks great!!!

Comment

I try. But still there are tons of things left to do. I'm to lazy to type them now.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.

Comment

Turbines are good.

Looks good mang
          Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
          Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

Nice!
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

ooohhhh black on red!!!!!

lookin good! still got a ways to go though

you can also be rid of the smog solenoids on the passenger fender (behind the map sensor) and 3 of the 4 solenoids you moved off the valve cover ( if you get rid of EGR and evap system)
              Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
              'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
              sigpic
              85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Great job!!!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

I hate steelies. *shrug*

Looks better. Shame they stick so much stuff on these motors to get them legal. I think my smog pump is failing too, sounds like fuckin aliens are landing or something once the motor gets good and hot. I leave it on there because I still have my AC, and I don't feel like locating the idler pulley to remove the pump. One of these weekends I'm gonna throw the spare pump on there to see if the noise goes away.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'm sure there is a way to remove the smog pump and still have the a/c. Matter of fact summit has something for a mustang here http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

It is unknown if these work. But if you had a shorter belt maybe you could just run the belt to the A/C+idler pulley

Comment

Originally posted by Mercmarquis
                      I'm sure there is a way to remove the smog pump and still have the a/c. Matter of fact summit has something for a mustang here http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp

It is unknown if these work. But if you had a shorter belt maybe you could just run the belt to the A/C+idler pulley
                      Scott actually posted a pic for me with a belt in its package to bypass the smog pump. i'll see if i can find the pic or his post

Comment

I'll leave the pump. I don't feel like trying to jam my hands behind the motor to block off the thermactor system anyway. Besides, my luck it'll fail smog or fail visual without it there, then I'd have to go through all the crap of putting it back on.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

thain, i found the pic it was buried in folder where you wouldn't think it would be(in the windows folder )

Comment

Working...
                          X