Not a drag strip, but it will do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a drag strip, but it will do

Purchased a Kat Matrix G-Force Meter last month to chart progress on upgrades to our 2009 GM. I know its not official drag strip results, but it is repeatable.

These are 0-60 times run 6 times back to back
    Baseline - 9.00
    K&N Panel, ADDCO front & rear bars - 8.85

Hypertech E-Con Programmer arrived today. (BTW free upgrade to the top model this month via internet. Installed program tonight.)

First run 0-60
    I had traction control off and applied some throttle against brake - 8.55

Second run
    Traction control off just flooring - 8.45

Third run
    Traction control on, some throttle against brake again - 8.25

Fourth run
    Traction control on, less throttle against brake - 8.00

Fifth run
    Traction control on, just flooring it - 7.45

Sixth run
    Same as above - 7.00

A Seventh run after a cool down, same technique as 5 & 6 - 7.25 What fun!

That is quite an improvement over stock tune. Quite the flat spot still @2500 - 3800 rpm. Maybe ported upper manifold (ADTR) will cure that, along with the duals next month. Seeing the needle bounce off redline with nice firm shift is great stuff. Intake sound (without the snorkle choking it) has a nice snarl all of a sudden.

More next month.
    sigpic
    2009 GM, 45,000 miles
    ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Nice!
    Lets Go Pens!

Comment

Sounds good. Now you need a 1/4 mile time!!

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

The old airport I use only has one section that is around 1/4 mile of good pavement. I had it up to about 90 on my 1/4 mile run and ran out of room. Good test of antilock brakes though as its only 250 feet or so @ 90 before a nasty fence. Each run I ran out of room and had lots of brake smoke. BTW all testing on full tank of premium now. The 0-60 is all in 1st gear now since the rev limiter has been moved to redline. The big difference in times is mostly transmission related I think as it would shift @ 56 mph before and the upshift lost at least a second.
        Last edited by Ghorneck; 07-13-2010, 12:43 PM. Reason: sp
        sigpic
        2009 GM, 45,000 miles
        ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

Maybe a j-mod is next?? hmm?? Underdrive pullies??

-ryan s.
          03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
          97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--

Comment

Could not take wheezing out through one exhaust pipe any longer. Rock Auto to the rescue. Walker cat back system with the Quiet Flow SS mufflers for $285 shipped. Took a long time to get the passenger side to line up, the driver side just fell into place perfectly. The stainless steel original muffler/pipes are heavy! The aluminized steel will be fine here in the south as nothing rusts here. The car is my wife's DD so the Magnaflow I wanted was out but these have a nice bark at WOT. I have to say I like how the 4.6 sounds a bit raspy with thin wall pipes. First time I have seen traction control come on from a standstill so must have uncorked some ponies. Now as soon as my PI zip tube arrives, on with the ported ADTR manifold.
            sigpic
            2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

Sweet deal!! Now it's time to post up a video for the exhaust!!

-ryan s.
              03 Mercury Marauder- 63k

Comment

Added the ported upper from ADTR this afternoon. Installed easily and did nice things to the upper rpms. Quite the strange device behind the throttle body, a comb like affair to straighten airflow I would imagine. Off the line torque seems a bit stronger as the tire now spins 25 ft with traction control off. Nice addition to the cleaned up intake path. Highway passing is much improved. It leaps from 60 - 90 mph very nicely. I like it. Very windy day and the PCM is still learning but the times for 0 - 60 mph were a consistent 7.2 seconds. That is all 1st gear. With the Hypertech tuner the shift points are 300 rpm higher as is the redline 300 rpm higher. It bangs into 2nd gear with authority right at 60 mph. My wife loves it. She has never had anything like it.
                sigpic
                2009 GM, 45,000 miles

Comment

awesome! my wife had the same reaction with the dual exhaust and cone filter on our 93 vic. It could really use some 3.55 or 3.73 gears though. the 2.73 set it has now work great for long trips, but daily driving gets tedious. It has almost no gut off the line but will kick you in the pants if you nail it doin 60 and punch up to 90 pretty quick.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                  X