E-Break Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-Break Question

My friend has a grand marquis too but his is a 96. It recently failed its inspection due to a faulty e-break. There is no cabel or assembly or any of that crap at all and when taken to the shop, he was told a bunch of parts were discontinued. Is there anything he could do to get it working again, like would one of the newer ones fit on or something off another vechicle possibly be used?
    79 Grand Marquis

exactly what is missing? Much of that stuff you can get from Autozone, but if the actual pedal assembly inside the car is gone, then a junkyard is your best bet. That stuff is basically all the same from 92-97 at least, and it may be the same 98-02 as well.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

most of it should be available at a parts store. if not its off to the junkyard.....
      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis - duals, PI cams, PI intake, J-Mod, MZT, BOC tune, 3.55s, 18in wheels
      1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero - 5.0 HO T5 Fun Cruiser
      http://www.supermotors.net/users/tmm313

Comment

the pedal assembly and (not sure the name of) but the little thing at the end of the cable that like pulls the breaks or however it works. Not my car and im going on secondhand information.
        79 Grand Marquis

Comment

so the pedal assembly and the front cable are gone? The cable you can buy, but that pedal assembly is not really a wear item so I highly doubt anyone has a new one. Ford dealer or the junkyard are about your only hope there.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok... what brain fart of a so-n-so sold that car without a f'n e-brake? If it was a dealer... that's illegal and the dealer the car was purchased from needs to fix it. Dealers are responsible for making sure the car has a current inspection and that the car meets those inspection requirements.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Sounds like you may want to go look at this car yourself. I can believe a broken cable or maybe some missing part that could have rusted and fallen off, but the probability of someone actually removing the parking brake pedal assembly just seems awfully low to me. I can't imagine why the heck anyone would do that.

Comment

I didnt buy it, it was my friends. Its not much of a car to be honest .. The frame has 3 seperate patches in it, in need of a fourth, all 4 fenders are bad all the way around and it doesnt work too great either. Someone probably sold the pedal assembly and just got a dirty inspection or something.
                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Working...
                X