Radio Problem/Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radio Problem/Question

I have a 1993 Grand Marquis. Recently, while listening to the radio, it went dead silent. All four speakers have always worked. All the display works, but it will not pick up a single station. Even when I press "SEEK" to find a station that will come in, the radio stops on no stations. At first I thought there might be a problem with the antennae. Then I put a tape in to find that it will not play any tape either. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Also, If it comes down to needing a entirely new radio, I was planning on visiting the local junkyard to pull one out of the many models I know they have there. (Ive been many times before). What year models would work and or fit with the 1993 model? Does it have to be that same particular year and stereo? I know they have a few 93's, but the also have many 92's, 94's, 95's etc. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Do you have a premium sound radio? If so, there should be an amplifier in the trunk. Check the fuses on the amp.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

This model came without premium sound

Comment

check to make sure the antenna connection didn't fall out the back of the deck (you may also need to check the antenna itself for the same issue). If you go hunting for another one... any from 92-98 should fit just fine. They changed the connectors on the back at some point, I just can't remember when that was. You need one that has the side clips made for sliding into a din size hole and not one like the boxes have with side brackets.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Well if it were the antenna the tape would work. If it were me I would take the head unit out. Test it with twelve volts directly. Directly hook speakers up to the appropriate wires. If you still have no sound, you need a new head unit.
          Maybe something cheap that will last
          http://www.woofersetc.com/p8719/CDXG...-Aux-Input.htm
          or
          http://www.woofersetc.com/p8585/DEH1...-Aux-Input.htm
          You could look on eBay for used head units also

Comment

Working...
          X