Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parts I would like to give you money for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts I would like to give you money for...

So I am in some need of parts... as some know I am taking the dash out of my car to fix an A/C problem, I figure now the time is to do the odometer gears, and run all the wires for aftermarket gauges.

In preparation for this I would like to have the following for a 1991 grand marquis....

1. Drivers Side A-Pillar vinyl trim piece.
    2. Link to best odometer gears.. I can't find the page, but I know it is around.
    3. Vent for A/C (the one just to the right of the radio) Mine is missing 1 fin and I would like to replace it while everything is apart.

This is the only pic I have on hand... but it is the one to the right of this vent... they are both in the same plastic piece however so I imagine all the vent grates are the same?

I think that is it... if anybody has any tips or leads it would be much appreciated. Also the a-pillar piece can be any color.. I have to die the gauge pods anyway.

Thanks much!
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

i found this searching for odometer gears......they are broken in skips 90 vic 140 speedo, and i have another 140 speedo i want to use in the 92 grand marquis with broken odometer gears......pricey little suckers......when i had my thunderbird i just kept swapping clusters, they are only 10 bucks at my local yard
    http://www.tidewatersensors.com/odometergears/ford.html

i'll grab that other stuff next time i'm at the junkyard if nobody else has it on hand mang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

You mean that one?
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Thanks.... So I just need the two worm gears then? One for the trip and one for the Odometer? Im taking the dash out this week... but can run the wires for all gauges without the a-pillar... so it is fine if nobody has that on hand.. I just assume it will be easier to bite the bullet and do it all at once.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

HOLY SHIT! $80 for two sets... damn that is expensive, these are higher quality right? I hate proprietary stupid parts shit. Oh well guess I have to do it.

Thanks again mangs!
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

So I asked my mom if she could machine me up some of them there odometer gears out of some NASA grade plastic at work (she may even be able to do metal) and she said she would try, so I am going to get her the set out of the 85mph speedo and give them to her to try and machine a couple sets first.... My odometer from the 85mph is in my 140mph so I can't swap the gears because the other set has about 120k miles on them. I hope they can be made, metal would be cool too. I will see what happens.
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

This is interesting. So the odometers are different on 85mph versus 140mph speedos?
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
              X