A/C by hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A/C by hand?

On my 95 town car the blend door actuator doesn't work. But a co-worker told me that I can open the door to let the ac air in, that I can do it by hand under under the glove box.

Can I really do this and how?

Pretty sure you can... Im working on my blend door myself. I would assume pull a vacuum on it.. only problem (if I am not mistaken) is it wont blow heat if this is all the way open?

There are a few on here who know way more than me though.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Hi LTD Mike

The blend door is controlled by an electric motor and you cannot work it by hand without breaking some stuff or removing the dash.

Regards

Dereck
      President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

yeah, electric motor. It doesn't have a knob or anything sticking out that you can move by hand.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
        X