1994 GM - Airbag light - Code 15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1994 GM - Airbag light - Code 15

Getting a code 15 from the airbag light on my '94 GM. I looked around and found this

No Keep Alive Memory power to PCM pin 1 or bad PCM (Memory Test Failure)
    From my understanding if there is no voltage on pin 1 when the key is turned off, there is no power to the KAM.

Could this possibly be a blown fuse or something? I know the lighter fuse is blown, and has been for a while now. Could that be related?

Any idea on the easiest fix, next to swapping out PCM (hope it don't come to that). Wife is very worried the airbag is going to go off for no reason.

Thanks
    Bass Race Competitor - 140.0 - 149.9 class
    Tech Systems 12volt Audio and Accessories
    GroundPounderzInc Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia areas.

Update on this, since no one has answered.

Still have the blinking. I have checked all the fuses and none are blown. I sort of have a feeling the front sensor is bad, but not sure if that would send the code I got.

blink pause blink5x. That is 15, correct? I can't figure it out and really just want to disconnect the light, but can't. She'd probably kill me
    Bass Race Competitor - 140.0 - 149.9 class
    Tech Systems 12volt Audio and Accessories
    GroundPounderzInc Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia areas.

Comment

You can remove the airbag fuse for now if you want. Lemme check some stuff.....

-ryan s.
      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
      Originally posted by pantera77
      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

If the airbag light is on, the airbag will not deploy. They're designed so that if the airbag module detects a fault, it disables the system. Otherwise there would be lots of litigation. Tell your wife not to worry.
        Originally posted by gadget73
        There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
        91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
        93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
        Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
        Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
        95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

I tried to look up some info and I couldn't find a code 15 for that year panther. I am not calling you a liar I m just saying I couldn't find the info for it.

Comment

Working...
          X