stereo project(when and if money allows) long post and a DUW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stereo project(when and if money allows) long post and a DUW

i'm planning at some point to redo the isuzu's stereo system. i have pretty much settled on the deck and speakers i want. on that note, my rear speakers from what i've seen and what the isuzu guys say are 4" speakers. crutchfield says 6 1/2. i'm gonna go with the 4". one guy said he got a 5 1/4 speaker to fit but he had to break out the 4" surround and so his rear speakers are just supported by the panel that hides them. sounds to me like a rattletrap. they're located up in the roof in back.

i don't need three way speakers as my front doors have a spot for tweets. a 3 way speaker would just add more money and more depth as i'm limited for space on the front speakers a little bit. here is what i'm planning on buying so far. heres the deck. its an alpine cda9847. its specs are:

CD receiver with built-in amplifier (18 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
    detachable face with rotary control and Quick Search
    plays CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs including discs burned with MP3 and WMA files

Bass Engine
    displays CD Text, MP3 and WMA titles
    XM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio controls
    CD changer controls for Alpine Ai-NET changers only
    front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs
    compatible with Alpine iPod control interface
    clock
    CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
    CD frequency response 5-20,000 Hz
    CD signal-to-noise ratio 105 dB
    FM sensitivity 9.3 dBf

my question is where this deck already has a preamp output for subs, will i need to install a crossover so that the subs only get the lows? also is it possible to wire the system up so that only the tweets get high signals, and the other 4 only get the mids?

here are teh front door speakers i was looking at
    Infinity Reference 6012si

and here are the back speakers i'm looking at
    Blaupunkt PCxb402

all that remains is to decide on an amp and 2 subs, prob 10"'ers. i'm not looking to power a substation with an amp, nor am i looking to blow out windows 2 blocks away when the bass hits lol. if you guys have any reccomendations i'm open to suggestions.

considering money is the deciding factor, the pieces are going to come together over time. when i finally get everything together, i'm gonna wait till i get a vacation or something, and basically strip the interior as much as i can so that i can run my own wiring. it would be easier to use the factory wiring but i think it will sound much better if i run my own.
    Save a seal, club a liberal.

Running your own wiring = teh win

I did it in the merk, and the difference is amazing...
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

you should not need a secondary crossover, the head unit should have the pre-outs as selectable. in mine i have a crossover in the head unit, i have a second crossover in line and then i hve a crossover on each amp and i have 2 crossovers for the front speakers.

When you run your wire run the power wire and the remote down the side and the signal RCA's down the center on the tunnel.
      http://secondhandracing.com/Home.aspx
      http://secondhandradio.com/

R.I.P. Jason P Harrill 6-12-06

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthread.php?t=5634

Comment

yeah that head unit should have a dedicated RCA low pass 'sub' output.

Are you planning to use a 4ch amp for the mids?
        If not you will need passive crossovers for the tweeters, unless the head unit has independant EQ controls for the front and rear, I wouldnt think it does.
        A good 4ch amp will have high/low pass settings for each pair of outputs.

Personally I would buy these amps:

This mono amp (350RMS / 700 max watts) and its 4ch twin are going for $100 buy it now on Ebay, brand new.

These amps are the line before Alpine's hot new shit, and the ones I run are the line before that.

Oh, and two 10" subs will be plenty - especially in a hatchback SUV. Everyone at Scottfest can tell you my 2 old 10"s under 300watts are plenty loud

Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
        'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
        sigpic
        85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

I heard infinities were shitty. Thats why I didnt get em.

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

Working...
          X