Plugs, so many different plugs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugs, so many different plugs!!

Has anyone here used or even heard of these "Halo" plugs that are suppose to be the best, latest and greatest of them all!!! Or are NGK's the way to go?

www.lsgbrisk.com

I have no experence with those. I have used Accel U-Grooves, and they were great. Seemed to help starting, but they were on a car with a worn out distributor. Since we are on the subject of spark plugs; anybody use the E3's? Do they give a actual improvent over a quality plug? I have been thinking about buying a set, but if they don't actually add a few HP, then I don't see giving $60 for a set
    Internal combustion of all types is a mechanical symphony, but it is the primordial roar of a V-8 that stirs a man's savage soul.

Comment

Stock plugs work fine. Electricity takes the path of least resistance. Best case scenario you game 2 hp. It's like indexing your spark plugs. Not worth the effort on these things.
      1989 Grand Marquis LS
      flat black, 650 double pumper, random cam, hei, stealth intake, Police front springs, Wagon rear, Police rear bar, wagon front ,exploder wheels, 205/60-15 fronts 275/60-15 rears, 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" offroad x pipe, Eclipse front bucket seats, Custom floor shifter, 4.10 gears, aluminum driveshaft and daily driven. 16.77@83mph

Comment

I run basic Motorcraft plugs. I'm also in the camp that thinks exotic spark plugs are a waste of money. I'd rather buy stock plugs and pick up some beer with the difference.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the only set of e3 i had and i wasnt impressed with them, platinums same thing, copper cores are good, but the best i have found so far are the autolite iridiums, i have a set in my lic and in my sonata excellent plugs.
          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, I've heard eveything about every plug thats out there. Seems like most swear by the NGK Laser Platinums, while others think they are just a waste of money.
            Now I've been told the Halo plugs are the best. And the comment I've heard the most about E3's is that they are more hype than anything else and definately not worth the money. As all they really do well is lighten your wallet.

Comment

I've had great results from the NGK iridiums... but they are pricey suckers.
              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                I've had great results from the NGK iridiums... but they are pricey suckers.
                NGK made in china and are made by bosch ick lol
                89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Anything made in China I find questionable. Bosch isn't a problem in my book, provided its used on German vehicles. I also don't like any of their platinum plugs, the best Bosch plugs (IMO) are the Bosch Super, which are a conventional copper core spark plug.

Electrically speaking, copper is the best conductor you can get without spending silly money. Silver is better, but nobody makes silver spark plugs. Platinum and iridium are more durable, but they aren't as good of a conductor as straight up copper is. Most of the advantage to those types of plugs is purely durability, not performance.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Anything made in China I find questionable. Bosch isn't a problem in my book, provided its used on German vehicles. I also don't like any of their platinum plugs, the best Bosch plugs (IMO) are the Bosch Super, which are a conventional copper core spark plug.

Electrically speaking, copper is the best conductor you can get without spending silly money. Silver is better, but nobody makes silver spark plugs. Platinum and iridium are more durable, but they aren't as good of a conductor as straight up copper is. Most of the advantage to those types of plugs is purely durability, not performance.

Comment

I only fell for the Platinum gimmick once. My Dad bought Bosch Platinums for his Durango with the 4.7, and the plugs lasted 2 months. The tiny Platinum inserts in the plugs were completely gone, the truck ran like crap, and we had 2 misfire codes. Needless to say, Champion copper core plugs were installed, and are still in there 20,000 miles later..... which they are being changed this weekend.

I'll always use copper core plugs. There's nothing wrong with them, drag racers still use them, and they are fine for daily driving.
                      '97 Cadillac Catera - 3.0 DOHC V6, 75k
                      Soon... Any '95+ Panther!
                      CLICK ME! Parts For Sale, SUPER CHEAP!!!

Comment

fomoco vehicles get motorcraft
                        mopars get champions
                        gm's get ac delco

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Working...
                        X