throttle body

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throttle body

Im currently looking for a throttle body but isn't having any good luck. The build is a rebuilt 93 mustang with a gt40 intake&heads(off a 96 ford explorer), ford racing E303 cam, & also with the mass air setup. I was looking for a ford lightning oem throttle body but it seems like they dont exist...

Why not use the throttle body from the Explorer? thats what I did!

Comment

use an explorer 5.0 throttle body, they are 65mm, same as the lightning, you just need to swap the levers over

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

What they said. Explorer TBs are fairly obtainable. The magic Lightning part you need for this is the EGR spacer though. The stocker won't seal properly against a GT40 upper. You may be able to use a Mustang part if you mod it to take the throttle cable bracket though.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I got the intake&heads from a friend who had pretty much sold everything else off the engine and how hard is it to swap the levers. I havent seen or heard of anyone doing this but if anyone have one I will pay the asking price.

Comment

very simple just grind off the little weld thingy on the bottom, wiggle the lever off, flip it over, and put a tack weld on it to hold it.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

Here are a couple pics of the bracket I made using the stock marquis throttle bracket to use a mustang egr delete plate. Also kind of a pic of the bracket flipped for the throttle cable.

bracket

the flipped lever

Hope this helps some.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
              Big plans

Comment

What they said, swapping the lever is easy, I did it when I put an Explorer motor in my 91CV. And Explorer TB's can be had, saw one today at the boneyard. As far as the EGR spacer does, I had my original one bored out and used the Explorer gasket, it looked like a match, at least good enough of a match, and so far so good!!

Comment

oh okay i wasnt really going through the process of thinking at the time, i thought a ford lightning throttle body from bbk would fit, but really it was just a mustang. I suck at welding but it seems simple and how much did you bore the spacer.

~also thanks from the pics&help

Comment

Originally posted by 88TorqueMonster View Post
                    oh okay i wasnt really going through the process of thinking at the time, i thought a ford lightning throttle body from bbk would fit, but really it was just a mustang. I suck at welding but it seems simple and how much did you bore the spacer.

~also thanks from the pics&help
                    stock lopo bored to 63 mm
                    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Lopo spacer won't seal against a gt40 upper. Need the Lightning part, or modified Mustang parts. Lopo spacer will seal against an HO upper, but thats about it's limits.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                      X