FS-84 Grand Marq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS-84 Grand Marq

1984 Mercury Grand Marquis, with 74,xxx original miles. The odometer has NOT rolled over. I got this car from a coworker, with the intention of fixing it up a little and making it my DD. Right now I just can't afford to tag and insure it. The interior is a 9/10, the outside could use a little cleaning up, but I will be working on that while I try to sell it.

I would like to get 1200 for it, but I am willing to negotiate a little on the price. Let me know. Pics.....

The nose panel has a crack in the fiberglass.

Excuse the foot...

A location and some exterior pics might help sell it.

Comment

Engine, trunk and under-carriage shots are always welcome.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Odometer fail?

I hate to mention, but that's not 74,900 miles, that's 107,490 miles. Or maybe 207,490 or possibly even 307,490. We may never know for sure.
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
          I hate to mention, but that's not 74,900 miles, that's 107,490 miles. Or maybe 207,490 or possibly even 307,490. We may never know for sure.

Good catch I completely missed that.

Comment

With the mileage... I am not really familiar with a 5 digit odometer, so I read it as 74,90x...I thought they left off the last digit as it isn't as important as the hundred thousand part.

Now I feel like a real retard. Sorry. I am very glad you pointed that out though. I'm not a dishonest person, so I dont want to be telling people that mileage if its wrong.

I will get some more pics, I had an exterior shot posted also, but I think that was in the craigslist ad.
            Also, Im located in Central Florida.

Comment

Personally, I think it was a conspiracy to make any car over 100,000 miles unsalable, because it becomes to difficult to prove what the hypothetical first digit really is. :p Now even 2-year-old stuff on "preowned" lots is over 100k. Odd stuff.

Me, I thought 5-digit odometers were all that existed until my mom bought a used 1990 N-car, and I looked at the counter and was like, wow.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Well, it doesnt make sense to me, but it is what it is.lol

Comment

Working...
                X