79-87 LTD parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79-87 LTD parts

Alright I finally have a little bit of time to actually get pretty frequent with business (sorry again LincolnLover!)

I discovered that my father has some extra parts laying around in his storage shed that he might be interested in, off of a '79 LTD as well as possible other years. He says their might be some gm parts as well. I hear of LTD grills, chrome rockers and a bunch of other misc parts. There is also a strong chance among these parts are a pair of the infamous clear lens parking light housings. I'll hunt around tomorrow, but be sure to let me know if anyone is interested.

1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
    1965 Cadillac Hearse by M+M "Edgar"
    1964 Mercury Comet Caliente

Im interested in the clears if you wanna sell them dirt cheap.
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

if there is a nice LTD-S grille i may be interested..along with any "chrome" trim pieces, post pix!
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I been looking for some 79 taillights. If you come across some let me know how much your looking to get.
        -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
        -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Ok, went for a short dive today and found a few items-

'79 grille
          pair of clear lens markers
          passenger yellow lens marker

I'm going back tomorrow to look more

Comment

Highest call gets item

pics-

Last edited by Baker; 08-06-2010, 02:00 AM.

Comment

I like it how after I look for a pair of those for almost a full year, and I pay a lot for them, now they are popping up all over lol
              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Is the lens cracked, or just hella dirty?
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Is the lens cracked, or just hella dirty?
                  there is a crack in the lens, looks like a crapload of dirt behind it making it look worse. I'm going to attempt to clean it off; whatever it is, it is inside the lens

Comment

Okay..interested in seeing how they look after that.
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

After a few moments of cursing, I was unable to remove the dirt from that spot. I even soaked that area with a little CLR and still no result.

Comment

I would suggest something, but it depends on how involved you would want to get. If you or someone were to do what I did with mine, the dirt would come off.

1. Soak the lenses in Warm water to soften the plastic.
                        2. Take a razor blade and CAREFULLY separate the lens from the plastic back.
                        3. Thoroughly clean both sides of the lens with soap and water.
                        4. Repaint the silver reflective stuff with Chrome Paint (1 layer of primer first)
                        5. After everything is dry and clean, use an epoxy or strong bonding glue (I used model car glue) and glue them together. Be sure to rubber band them together after you apply the glue.

Mine came out excellent. I would suggest using one of those headlight renewal cream and a rag to clean the lenses themselves. Good Luck!
                        Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                        New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

I'm debating about making them really nice like that... However, the crack in the lens is slanted as it progresses through so I'm not sure if it would work.

I mean if I do take them apart, I'd do it right, sand and shoot a couple clear coats on the lenses; I've done it before and they look immaculate. I would like a buyer lined up though if I'm going to really get into them, I really have no use for LTD lights

Comment

I would be even less inclined to purchase them if you went through them, and it would have nothing to do with cost. Still thinking about grabbing them as is...I have to think up of a price I am willing to pay..I will return with an answer.
                            ~David~

Comment

Can you take some pics of the p.side corner light?
                              ~David~

Comment

Working...
                              X