Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else see the supercharged box-body VIc on EBAY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else see the supercharged box-body VIc on EBAY?

seems like a good setup. My buddy had the same blower on his 350 chevy truck with 33inch mudders and at 8psi would completely obliderate all four tires.
    Last edited by ironstealth; 08-08-2010, 02:09 PM.
    [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

link?

Comment

can someone find the ebay link? computer is giving me problems again.I keep getting "page cannot load". anywho i believe it was in georgia, it was a blow thru carb setup, paxton mounted right where the alternator was. I think it was the older style paxtons. Wanted 2500 for the car.
      Last edited by ironstealth; 08-08-2010, 02:16 PM.
      [URL="http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3358314"]

Comment

Fort Worth, TX
        $5000 buy it now. Current bid at $3000 and reserve not met yet.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

thats a powerdyne. probably make maybe 5#'s with that pulley setup depending on what is done to the motor

Comment

Wonder if it's just a rebuilt lopo with a blower. If so it's probably still a turd. I have been developing a soft spot for 22's on a box. There is a grand Marquis running around Blacksburg with 22's looks like it has old saggy springs in the back and cut front ones, so it's a few inches lower than normal. I like it.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
            Big plans

Comment

Rims completely ruin it. Also, would it kill him to hose down the engine bay before trying to sell it?
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

if its a lopo, at 4k it probably barely makes 3#'s

Comment

That's what I was thinking.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                  Big plans

Comment

Well it looks like it's got nice headers on it too.

I am wondering where exactly the alternator went to...

And the upper radiator hose... hmmm... a stock hose really should have worked here.
                    Relisted http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...19043605266348
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

looks like the alt is where the smog pump should be

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                      Originally posted by gadget73
                      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                      Originally posted by dmccaig
                      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I wonder if that blower bracket has a bracket to stabalize it, if not, it probably flexes like crazy

Comment

well, while its not my style I respect the work that went into it. The interior is actually very nice, though I'm not overfond of the wheels or the fact that its got a carb on it. I'd be curious to know what exactly has been done to the motor though, and what the bracket setup was. I could envision that being bolted in front of a SEFI intake manifold. I suspect with the pullies on my car it wouldn't make shit for boost though.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Interesting.

The blower bracket is suspect. The bracketry I had for my 4.7 and the NOVI series blowers was very substantial, and well supported. It has to be!

If the powerdyne units are anything like the Paxton units, the blower could be clocked, and using elbows the boost could be redirected to the front of the car, through and intercooler, and enter the carb hat from the other side.

I'm not a fan of blow through carb set-ups. People sue them obviously, and they work, but it is a mental roadblock for me, if you will.

If the engine is fairly stock, or a stock rebuild, this is a waste. Forged pistons, good rods, a blower cam, and a healthy flowing set of cylinder heads arerquired to make the most of it. Actually, I think throttlebody style EFI, with the injectors mounted in the intake runners would be the best fuel delivery source. Re-use the 'hat', and tune via some widespread aftermarket tuning solution.

Provided you could get the tuning worked out, a stock 5.0L style intake and stuff would work just as well.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

I really like that custom interior. I wonder how much $ that cost him?
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X